Sunsetter PAR 46 LED

Does anyone have experience with these?.  I am thinking about replacing the landing lingt on my J.

PAR 46 LED REPLACEMENT • $149 • YOUR SEARCH IS OVER • INTRODUCING THE LONG-AWAITED SUNSETTER - FUSION 46LR HIGH PERFORMANCE LED DROP-IN REPLACEMENT FOR LEGACY PAR 46 5.75" SEALED BEAM LAMPS. WHELEN'S PARMETHEUS 46 LED SHINES LIKE A CANDLE COMPARED TO THE INCREDIBLE BRIGHTNESS OF THIS REVOLUTIONARY LAMP. 10-30VDC; 5,200LM; 10 DEGREE SPOT LENS WITH PROPRIETARY LINEAR SPREADER LENS ON 4 LEDS FOR ENHANCED PERIPHERAL LIGHTING FOR CLOSE PROXIMITY NIGHT/TAXI OPERATIONS; POWDERCOATED HEAT SINK; 8-32 SCREW TERMINALS. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK. ORDERS SHIP SAME DAY • CLICK HERE TO ORDER • Contact AERO-LITES , LLC, Owner - located Thomaston, GA USA • Telephone: 1-800-638-7914 • Posted February 7, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

33 minutes ago, mooneyflyfast said:

Does anyone have experience with these?.  I am thinking about replacing the landing lingt on my J.

PAR 46 LED REPLACEMENT • $149 • YOUR SEARCH IS OVER • INTRODUCING THE LONG-AWAITED SUNSETTER - FUSION 46LR HIGH PERFORMANCE LED DROP-IN REPLACEMENT FOR LEGACY PAR 46 5.75" SEALED BEAM LAMPS. WHELEN'S PARMETHEUS 46 LED SHINES LIKE A CANDLE COMPARED TO THE INCREDIBLE BRIGHTNESS OF THIS REVOLUTIONARY LAMP. 10-30VDC; 5,200LM; 10 DEGREE SPOT LENS WITH PROPRIETARY LINEAR SPREADER LENS ON 4 LEDS FOR ENHANCED PERIPHERAL LIGHTING FOR CLOSE PROXIMITY NIGHT/TAXI OPERATIONS; POWDERCOATED HEAT SINK; 8-32 SCREW TERMINALS. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK. ORDERS SHIP SAME DAY • CLICK HERE TO ORDER • Contact AERO-LITES , LLC, Owner - located Thomaston, GA USA • Telephone: 1-800-638-7914 • Posted February 7, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

I got it from Amazon.  I posted some pics on an earlier thread, and have flown them at night a couple times.  They work out fine, and are definitely brighter than the Whelen's.  The spreader lenses also makes taxiing easier--with the Whelen, I could barely see anything outside the 10 degree forward spot, so it made turning difficult.

I just received the Fusion 46L I ordered this week and plan to see how well it works soon. I haven't installed it yet... so I'm unable to report on an improvement. However, I expect to be very pleased if the specs are anywhere close to accurate. 

I ordered mine through the Aero-Lites website. The shipping was fast and the light arrived in good condition. The quality looks to be fairly good just by holding it in my hand.

Edited by David_H

• 2 months later...

I installed the Fusion 46L in my F last weekend.  No issues; stock retaining ring held it in place with no slop.

Got a chance to turn it on tonight...way better (much brighter than the stock GE bulb), and I'll never have to worry about it burning out again:D