Electric Fuel Pump

1 minute ago, AlexLev said:

I ended up buying a new unit from Aircraft Accessories (Weldon 8164A) when mine hit the crapper. It was $1,150 which hurt and I had it overnighted. Part of it was that I had a trip planned and didn't want the downtime.

Hopefully it will be the last one you replace. I installed my Weldon in 1997.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 11:27 PM, Jim Peace said:

why mess around with something so important?

http://cjaviation.com/contact-us.html

Because CJaviation is using the same crap tech that makes the Dukes such a fragile piece of glass in the first place. They charge more than twice as much to convert your broken piece of shite to a newly overhauled piece of shite.   Given how "important" the pump is, I'll take the robustly upgraded Aeromotors unit over the wheezy, iffy, 1-5hour run time between overhauls any day.  I'll give Aeromoters a pass on this as an anomaly with the suspicion that there there may be more to the story.

For a detailed understanding of how Aeromotors has improved the existing Dukes unit, see my write up after spending almost a half hour discussing the pump with Ole, the owner of the company and the individual that developed the FAA approved upgrades.  My newly overhauled pump is demonstrably more powerful than it's ever been. I have had to shorten my prime times accordingly and have noted that it boosts pressure to red line in flight and on the ground (would never happen with previous overhauls).  An Aeromotors pump is an excellent upgrade to any lawn mower!;)

Edited by Shadrach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shadrach said:

An Aeromotors pump is an excellent upgrade for any lawn mower!;)

When the time comes again I will consider Aeromotors

for now the CJ one I bought was brand new from their line and so far so good....

• Like 1