Rockets

Just sold my comanche last week, I been lurking here for a while, I been in the chase of a rocket 305 and today got across a nice Bravo ( w gear up history) I really want the perfomance of the rocket even tough won’t be much faster will outclimb the bravo any day of week. I try to call rocket engineering 4 times no one responds phone calls or emails. How is the rocket parts support w this guys? Is anywhere else to get parts for the conversion, owner produce parts route? I found a long body w the rocket conversion and I’m loving it but have uneasy felling about the support from Rocket in The future,  I’m hoping to buy this as last plane so trying to slow down Before I make a big mistake, rockets are hitting the market every day another one pops up.

i got 150k cash for the right plane so if any one thinking on selling I’m game. Looking for a honest 180 kts cruise  plane 900nm range, at least 530w, oxigen, functional autopilot. 

Edited by Alejandro cantarini

Welcome Alejandro.

Where are you located?   You might be able to get a ride in a Rocket or Bravo very soon.

The rest of the group will be by very shortly.   Be careful, they love spending other people’s money.

Good luck and enjoy the search.

Brad

Piper Meridian N951TB

Former Acclaim

• Like 1

I’m in Galveston TX. I went up to All American Jimmy put me on a nice 1986 rocket and we love it, plane has 134 hrs been listed for 6 months and is a bit out of my range and they won’t come down enough, I found few In my range, right now I have 3 a 79 231, a 89bravo and a 84 rocket on the short leash. All this planes will need ADSB update and I hate to pay for it again.

1 hour ago, Alejandro cantarini said:

Just sold my comanche last week, I been lurking here for a while, I been in the chase of a rocket 305 and today got across a nice Bravo ( w gear up history) I really want the perfomance of the rocket even tough won’t be much faster will outclimb the bravo any day of week. I try to call rocket engineering 4 times no one responds phone calls or emails. How is the rocket parts support w this guys? Is anywhere else to get parts for the conversion, owner produce parts route? I found a long body w the rocket conversion and I’m loving it but have uneasy felling about the support from Rocket in The future,  I’m hoping to buy this as last plane so trying to slow down Before I make a big mistake, rockets are hitting the market every day another one pops up.

i got 150k cash for the right plane so if any one thinking on selling I’m game. Looking for a honest 180 kts cruise  plane 900nm range, at least 530w, oxigen, functional autopilot. 

Hi Alejandro- I have a Missile, which is the NA brother to the rocket.  My exhaust was shot (cracked), which was discovered this year at Annual (December).  

We called rocket engineering, as the exhaust on the missile is unique and was fabricated by Rocket Engineering.  My A&P boxed up the old exhaust, sent it to them, and they rebuilt it within a few weeks.  Cost was about the same as any other exhaust refurb/rebuild.  They are still giving 100% support for the rocket and missile STC’s

good luck with the Rocket- those are awesome machines!

• Like 1

Rocket is an interesting company...

They are difficult to contact, but their business is still strong as ever... (as of today anyway)

Their products are fully engineered down to the detailed documentation...

Performance charts match reality....

Most of the spare parts required come from outside of their control... Continental engine, and somebody else’s prop...

Working with All American... Use caution... they have so many excellent planes available for sale... you might fly out in a nice Acclaim... :)

I bought my O at AAA, worked with David on every detail including setting up Transition Training and delivering the plane to NJ.

Rockets are great.  Bravos allow for more UL.  Do you have a preference for Lycoming vs. Continental?

Best regards,

-a-

10 hours ago, Alejandro cantarini said:

For what it’s worth I just bought a 92 Bravo last week and was very happy with the performance on the flight home.  I haven’t flown a rocket but the bravo is one extremely stable airplane.  We were doing about 190 TAS at 11500 at 32/24.  It also has the long range tanks so as long as it’s just you and someone else, range isn’t an issue (but 900nm may be pushing it depending on your personal safety margin and winds).  

Yes I think I know the plane he bought, I had looked at it a few times.  I’m sure it’s a fine bird but got nervous about the amount of times the controls had been re-rigged.  Again, this is one of those judgement calls that hurts because you can’t quantify the cost (and mine was way more than 96k), but to each his own.

The one I’m looking they asking 134 had prop strike w full tear down 200hrs ago 400 and change on the engine 530w no extended tanks no Adsb, I would pay 134 if the tanks and Adsb was done due to the damage history I personally don’t care about damage but next guy always do.

11 minutes ago, Alejandro cantarini said:

The one I’m looking they asking 134 had prop strike w full tear down 200hrs ago 400 and change on the engine 530w no extended tanks no Adsb, I would pay 134 if the tanks and Adsb was done due to the damage history I personally don’t care about damage but next guy always do.

Yes, I looked at that one too, seemed like a pretty decent deal especially if you don’t mind the damage, but as you say, it’s tough to know how much it will impact the price and speed of resale...

No I ended up buying the one out in Vegas, blue and gold.  It doesn’t have any nice avionics but only 100 hrs on the engine and was in good condition so that was the main selling point for me.  I can still follow the pink line on the KLN-94 ;).

3 hours ago, Davidv said:

For what it’s worth I just bought a 92 Bravo last week and was very happy with the performance on the flight home.  I haven’t flown a rocket but the bravo is one extremely stable airplane.  We were doing about 190 TAS at 11500 at 32/24.  It also has the long range tanks so as long as it’s just you and someone else, range isn’t an issue (but 900nm may be pushing it depending on your personal safety margin and winds).  

Glad you’re happy with the new plane. 32/24 might be pushing the engine a little hard...keep us updated on your new ride. 

22 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Glad you’re happy with the new plane. 32/24 might be pushing the engine a little hard...keep us updated on your new ride. 

Thanks! I dial it back to 30/24 when I don’t need to go very fast and I’m fairly conservative on the temps - no matter how much I want to fly it according to the POH it always makes me nervous to go above 1650 on the TiT.

Just finished going trough the logs of the Bravo, last reported annual 2013- from 13 till last week out of annual and flown not much but flown, how I can get the engine time discrepancy from 2013 till 2018 reconciled? Plane shows on flightaware on 2015 obviously out of annual.

this one sure is price aggressively to sell but boy has a hell of a story. After looking the rocket Sunday will be closing on new plane either the bravo or the rocket. I’m done shopping

150 hrs since last annual and the one done last week by cascade aircraft management in Cascade ID

i think I’m going to pass on this one and get the rocket home Sunday, lots of red flags on this one all ready. U gut feeling was right David 

btw only review on cascade aircraft management ain’t good at all any one here have deal w Delta ?

150 hours flown on a plane that hasn't had an annual in the last 6 years is a little scary.
900 NM and 180 knots can be done on really any long body mooney, and the turbocharged mid bodies.
Might consider taking a look at the Ovations and missiles while you're at it too. I'd vote long body in the end.
You have the option for 130 gallon tanks vs 100 gallons.

Good plan Alejandro.  The guy who was helping me buy mine kept nodding at an ovation 2 on the market for 190k.  Although it was tempting because I probably could have got it for less and it has way more stuff on it, I also wanted to stay under the $150k mark.  The ovations are great, but the great deal ones seem to get snapped up immediately and the others probably also have some red flags...