Interior

Seems like around 50 bucks, but I can't be sure. The other place would be aero comfort in San Antonio. The one from LASAR is fabric while the one Aero Comfort is leather, I went fabric due to the lack of clearance between the J-Bar and the front wheel well

Years ago, I needed one and bought it from LASAR. It was fabric and one of (very) few things I did not like from them. I ended up returning it and had my wife saw one using soft leather from old jacket. I still have it in my plane and it is looking great. YMMV.

• Like 2

Bill,

Things to consider regarding the J-bar...

1) It is an opening from the outside, into the cabin...

2) Outside consists of possibilities of cold air, and CO...

3) To close the opening, while allowing the J-bar to operate, is something called a boot. A piece of fabric or rubber similar to the thing that goes around the base of a car’s stick shift... for the same reasons... and ties pretty tightly at the top.

4) it is functional first, and decorative second...

5) there are a few suppliers of this piece. They have taken into consideration shape and size, to not get in the way of the physical operation....

6) Select the best one... to keep the outside from coming in through that channel, and not get in the way of the J-bar operation...

7) Use caution selecting a too low cost fabric one that isn’t able to keep the outside from coming in... select a fabric that is coated or somehow keeps the outside, outside...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

1) It is an opening from the outside, into the cabin

No really outside more like the belly of the beast. I think there are documented instances where something has fallen into the opening where the boot was missing or damaged and jammed the aileron control rods which are very close to the J-bar under the floor

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 4:26 PM, Igor_U said:

Years ago, I needed one and bought it from LASAR. It was fabric and one of (very) few things I did not like from them. I ended up returning it and had my wife saw one using soft leather from old jacket. I still have it in my plane and it is looking great. YMMV.

I agree. I am doing the same thing. Was more like suit fabric but a Lasar is usually my go to source. Dan is great.

On 2/8/2019 at 9:32 AM, RLCarter said:

No really outside more like the belly of the beast. I think there are documented instances where something has fallen into the opening where the boot was missing or damaged and jammed the aileron control rods which are very close to the J-bar under the floor

My number one concern with this boot would be how well does it prevent Wasps, hornets and bees out of my cockpit!

51 minutes ago, bill98 said:

My number one concern with this boot would be how well does it prevent Wasps, hornets and bees out of my cockpit!

So far so good (3 years). Not sure what the material is but I'm sure if you contacted LASAR they would know