PIREP Runways at Bartow Restaurant KBOW

BKlott

I flew over to Bartow today to try out their newly re-opened restaurant, Runways at Bartow. The restaurant has been remodeled since the prior restaurant (Nini’s Landings) relocated elsewhere. There are tables, booths and even an elevated eating area inside.

I was greeted promptly and told I could sit wherever I wanted. The hostess went with me to my table with menu and utensils in hand. She asked me what I wanted to drink and went to get my drink while I read the menu. She brought my sweet tea (very good sweet tea) and took my order. In deference to the fly-in community, I selected the plain hamburger and fries. After all, how could I give a $100 hamburger PIREP without ordering a burger?!

The restaurant was busy, mostly with locals, which was a good sign to me. My food came without any big delay and...get this...the food was actually HOT...delivered fresh, without the seemingly obligatory “let it sit and cool off” period that seems prevalent at other locations.

The burger was cooked the way I asked, medium well. It and the fries were both tasty. I would tell you that I cleaned my plate but, it came on a wooden serving board so...I cleaned my board.

Another thing that really set the service apart was that my beverage glass never got close to being empty. This is one of my pet peeves about eating out in general. I can’t stand running out of a beverage and not having something to drink while I’m eating. If I eat at home, my glass is never empty so I get annoyed at inattentive restaurants when they don’t keep me “tanked up”. This crew was really on top of things. Servers who weren’t even my server were asking me if I wanted my sweet tea topped off (they said refreshed). I had to keep telling them “no thanks, I’m good”. I had downed two glasses already and was concerned about bladder control on the return trip. What a great experience!

I honestly do not believe that I have EVER received better food AND service at any Airport Restaurant in my life.

Kidding the Line Crew when I walked back to the plane, I told him “you’re going to need to hire more help”. He looked at me and I said “when the word gets out about that restaurant, you’re going to get busy”. He laughed and said that he has eaten there twice and both times it was delicious.

I would encourage you to give it a try.

Edited by BKlott
  • Like 3