16 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Don -- you really need to something about those yokes. Just can't seem to look past them to what is behind them. :lol:

I haven't had my airplane for 4 months, as discussed in the Horrible Day post, as result of an incident that occurred during Annual.  Everything works now.  There are a zillion wires in the yoke that would have to be cut to get the yoke off.  So, sometime, maybe, like when I get a new AP, the next upgrade maybe later this year.  Right now, no.  Believe me when I tell you, if you are flying behind this panel, you are having too much fun to worry about how the yokes look.:)  There is so much more going on behind it that is invisible to the viewer like, XM weather and radio from 2 sources (GDL 69A and Aera 796), active traffic, WX500 stormscope,  Telligence on the behind the scenes GMA 35C.

I haven't had my airplane for 4 months, as discussed in the Horrible Day post, as result of an incident that occurred during Annual.  Everything works now.  There are a zillion wires in the yoke that would have to be cut to get the yoke off.  So, sometime, maybe, like when I get a new AP, the next upgrade maybe later this year.  Right now, no.  Believe me when I tell you, if you are flying behind this panel, you are having too much fun to worry about how the yokes look.  There is so much more going on behind it that is invisible to the viewer like, XM weather and radio from 2 sources (GDL 69A and Aera 796), active traffic, WX500 stormscope,  Telligence on the behind the scenes GMA 35C.

And to think, at one time we thought a Northstar LORAN-C was the end all of what we could expect from avionics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Don, after reading a good thread on BT, you might be able to get your yokes covered in situ if you find the right craftsman. A doctor on BT developed patterns for the Beech yoke and freely distributed them to others to cut and stitch. Perhaps you could per$uade Aero Comfort to share a pattern and find a local guy to stitch it on your yokes with at least the left one still in the plane.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, KSMooniac said:

Don, after reading a good thread on BT, you might be able to get your yokes covered in situ if you find the right craftsman. A doctor on BT developed patterns for the Beech yoke and freely distributed them to others to cut and stitch. Perhaps you could per$uade Aero Comfort to share a pattern and find a local guy to stitch it on your yokes with at least the left one still in the plane.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Good Idea.  All I need is the time to work it out.

Nice location for the annunciator panel more scan friendly.

Go IO550N!!!. Lighter, 310hp, more modern cooling fins...

Go leather grips... not for the looks, but for the feel...

Wait a minute...

Some MSers don’t hand fly their planes all the time...

Some MSers don’t hand fly their planes in cold environments...

When flying locally, burger run, on a cold day... the leather grips are really nice.... :)

Fly in warmer climes, or Go leather grips?

Best regards,

-a-

1 hour ago, jerryg324 said:

Yes I have the whole package ready to ship...  I will get it posted...  I also have a new KI254 for sale for anyone that would like to get rid of their vacumn system...  Its an electric version of the KI256 that we all have...

How much useful load did you gain?