Bummed about a Mooney down in Houston -3/31/2019

Yetti

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:18 PM, exM20K said:

dunno - plane went Houston to California and back in a couple days.  My old 231 is three serial numbers from this one. Sad. 

Nothing on LiveATC.net, but little GA traffic on the frequencies they record.

Before heading back to Houston the plane had been at KFOT for a couple of days and one of our local Mooney pilots had talked to him.  The plane was well equipped with up to date avionics and a fairly recent paint job.  The owner had said that he bought it from an Oil Company and they spared no expense on the plane.  He also had his wife with him before heading back home.

Pritch

• Sad 1

Sorry about your loss rickker.

Did you know him as a pilot, or as a friend,or both?

You are welcome to write a tribute here if you like... pics are appreciated...

Around here we have a tendency to know a lot of Mooney pilots. We get to share the highs AND the lows...

Mostly we are sharing the knowledge of flying Mooney Aircraft.

Unfortunately, events like this occur...

Do you have any questions we can help you with?

Best regards,

-anthony-

7 minutes ago, rickker20 said:

That was my buddy on the plane. He was coming back from playing golf at Pebble Beach in California. I will miss him very much. 

I am sorry for the loss of your friend. If you haven't been in touch with @mike_elliott he reaches out to and helps families of downed Mooney pilots. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rickker20 said:

That was my buddy on the plane. He was coming back from playing golf at Pebble Beach in California. I will miss him very much. 

Hi Rickker20.   I am sorry about your friend.   I am in the area if you need anything let me know.