You know it's cold when...

15 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I guess we will never understand each other. 

I lived in the cold country (Denver) for 7 years and hated every minute of it. I couldn't wait to get back here. It isn't summer until you can ride your motorcycle at midnight in a tee shirt. They never had summer in Denver.

People who move here from up north usually hate the first summer, they get used to it the second summer and if they make it through that they never leave.

Sorry, I grew up in San Diego.  You are all wrong! :P

• Like 1

After "Two Years, Two Months, Too Long" in Minnesota we have been working at moving farther south with every move since then :P.  Last stop will hopefully be Southern Utah.  The only advantage of living in Minnesota is it makes everywhere else look better. When the weather gets bad here;  we say it could be worse, we could be in Minnesota.

Edited by TTaylor

Get me drunk at Oshkosh and I'll tell you the  Hawaii story.  Now that I'm ambulatory I mind the cold less and less.  Keeps the riff raff away.

Something I heard said by a Florida commentator.  If you have a good job, or people you really care about, you stay put.  If you haven't any of that, why not do what you're doing in Florida?  

It explains a lot. If you've no decent job and no people, do I really want you for my neighbor?

Edited by steingar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Marauder said:

I’ll take take clothes off over this. Sorry for the stutter, it's cold here!

b41d71ac539c9c2e069814a176dff0c3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You silly Southerner with your negative 2.8F trying to impress us tough and hardy Northern Folk?  I live Northerly lattitude of over half the Canadians up here in the Northern Adirondacks.  About a dozen years ago we had a digital thermometer that could only read down to -20F and since I was constantly and disappointingly (min)ing that out, I searched online and found a better one that goes down to -40F.  We maxed that out on at least two occasions. 

How cold does it get?  It gets so cold that the words freeze in the air before they can reach your ears so we need to resort to sign language.

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

I live Northerly lattitude of over half the Canadians up here in the Northern Adirondacks.  

How cold does it get?  It gets so cold that the words freeze in the air before they can reach your ears so we need to resort to sign language.

I'm sorry, man!

There's an awful lot of colleges in Florida, surely one of them needs a Math professor . . . .   :D 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hank said:

I'm sorry, man!

There's an awful lot of colleges in Florida, surely one of them needs a Math professor . . . .   :D 

Its so cold and miserable up here - how cold and miserable is it?  It is so cold and miserable that there's not much for the college students to do to entertain themselves except study....

58 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Its so cold and miserable up here - how cold and miserable is it?  It is so cold and miserable that there's not much for the college students to do to entertain themselves except study....

I didn't think it was ever too cold for college students to drink . . . . or fornicate . . . . . or both! 

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

They are studying. Anatomy of the opposite sex and physiology of the liver during intense alcohol consumption.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

And the effects of alcohol on their opportunity for private anatomical study.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

Byron - why in God's name were you doing the exterior inspection in a suit coat???  :-)  I feel your pain just reading that.

Also, on the -900, am guessing you get your PDCs through ACARS as well?

Stay warm.

Steve

I was too lazy to dig my windbreaker out of the suitcase thats under the captain’s suitcase under the jumpiest frame. 

About half to 2/3 of the guppies have ATC CPDLC PDC via ACARS. It’s nice but can’t print it. 

Edited by jetdriven

On 1/30/2019 at 9:47 AM, Bob - S50 said:

There are four good reasons to live in Minneapolis in the winter:

1.  You can get a glass of ice water right out of the tap.

2.  You can lock your car with a glass of water.

3.  You can use your van as a deep freeze.

4.  You can clean up after the dog with a nine iron.

In Kerrville today, we were sunbathing. Headed to watch the game right now. 

It's kind of funny.  I always read stories of people build planes or boats in their basements up north.   And now I get it.  You can't go outside.  We are outside all year 11 months that are not February.   Lots of crazy things happen in Florida