Weight and Balance Calculator - Excel or Foreflight?

byrdflyr

Does anyone have a W&B Calculator set up for a 231 on Excel? I realize each needs to be customized based on the a/c's actual data.  Just looking for a good head start.  One thing I'm trying to do is calibrate against the default 252 Encore W&B profile in Foreflight. 

This Is a very easy spreadsheet to build in Excel.  I did one for my 140 years ago that has served me well.  If I didn’t have Foreflight at hand, I would have one ready to send you.  If you don’t want to build a spreadsheet, I fully expect there are multiple apps available.

I found a good spreadsheet that someone else made, complete with a loading graph and color-coding for both weight and CG. Just had to put in my empty weight and CG, and verify the seat stations listed in the TCDS. Just do some searches on the internet and see what you find.

10 hours ago, Hank said:

I found a good spreadsheet that someone else made, complete with a loading graph and color-coding for both weight and CG. Just had to put in my empty weight and CG, and verify the seat stations listed in the TCDS. Just do some searches on the internet and see what you find.

Can you share that with me pretty please ?

Here's one I used for my M20E.  Just change the numbers to match your 252 in the constant data tab (tab 2).  If nothing else, it's a good head start.

Brian

P.S.  ...making no claims that it will be correct once modified.  Please make sure you run some manual calculations to test the inputs before trusting the spreadsheet (or any app based calculator for that matter).

M20E W&B.xls

Edited by flight2000
Added the P.S. info....

15 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Yeah, that's what I concluded. Perhaps that will be a future feature.

Maybe. Garmin's Fltplan acquisition was the acquisition of the primary flight planning site for corporate aviation (and I think self-dispatched small Part 135). An enhancement to Garmin Pilot in response to ForeFlight targeting that market over the past two years or so. The other way makes a little less sense, although, in theory, it could be part of an effort to integrate online and tablet flight planning like ForeFlight (and FlyQ) have done.