Old Mooney parts

Yah, I think most guys would rathe get it for cheap off a wreck.  That said, I recently did get a part from Mooney.  A Johnson bar holder thingie (in another thread I did mention the sorts of venereal implications of that).  A little piece of aluminum for which I paid $500.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, steingar said:

Yah, I think most guys would rathe get it for cheap off a wreck.  That said, I recently did get a part from Mooney.  A Johnson bar holder thingie (in another thread I did mention the sorts of venereal implications of that).  A little piece of aluminum for which I paid $500.  

The PMA’ed part from LASAR is better and cheaper than factory new. Caveat Emptor, I suppose. 

• Like 2

Welcome aboard MikeBr...

Everybody is looking for something... upgrade mania!

Compared to Brands B, C2, and P... The Mooney isn’t any worse...

One of the biggest challenges I had buying my first Mooney... If something gets destroyed how am I going to get parts for it..? (The factory was closed temporarily at the time)

Most things that wear out are not Mooney built parts... they are the things that can be purchased from aviation sources...

Other things can be purchased from airplane recyclers....

The coolest thing is the Mooney factory exists. Maintains all the drawings and paperwork. Has some pretty knowledgable people... and can build the really Mooney specific parts.

There is one part that wears out in pre-j Mooneys... the factory has gone and made many available... search for the down lock block for the landing gear... J-bar part... pretty low cost too...

If something needs to be made, you have a resource to go to...

Expect when having to have something made... your insurance is probably doing the paying for it.... and it is going to take a few months...

So don’t go break anything... that is expensive and takes a long time. :)

Best regards,

-a-