Prebuy Prepurchase Inspection is Las Vegas/Nevada area?

Vince Tee

Hello everyone! I'm very new to this page and I've enjoyed reading the comments on here. very insightful. I am wondering if anyone know or could recommend a great mechanic or a shop that does prebuy/prepurchase inspection on Mooneys? My offer for a 20j 201 was just accepted and I am very excited but the purchase is pending a prebuy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I already tried to search button but maybe I just didn't see it. If there is a list out there or a previous post, please let me know and I'll erase this thread to not clog up to forum. thank you again!

-Vince

Hi Vince,

As i said on Facebook, Lasar would be a good chioce due to the location, but otheres will have more names for you. the most important thing is to get a mooney expert to look at it.

A good A&P will do an excellant job but an expert knows where to look for the stuff that could ruin your day.

Brian

Shoot, I'd have recommended CrownAir in San Diego/Montgomery Field, but somebody recently mentioned they're either no longer a MSC or no longer doing pre-buys or both (I can't remember).  They still may be worth a call and are a little closer than LASAR.  Of course, my geography may not be so strong, so don't quote me on that.  Gee, I'm not that much help, am I? :rolleyes:

Congrats on the acceptance of the offer and welcome!!! If it is based in Vegas I probably know the aircraft or the seller.  My partner shop EGA Aviation at KVGT knows Mooneys well and maintained my previous J  for over 10 years.  Len the IA there will pick it apart and give an honest assessment of the aircraft for a fair price.  Feel free to reach out if you would like at https://wolfaviationsales.com I am more than happy to help in any way I can.  Good luck on the purchase, you will love the J

Sanjeev

• Like 1