Recommended Posts

Good to hear the replies here. I'm just thinking way down the line. 

I lived in DEN for a while. Saw 15" of that crappy white stuff in the middle of April!  We get maybe 3" a year where I'm at now and we're thinking of moving. Me and that white stuff don't get along.

Parents and a son lived (live) in HOU. By any other name its a swamp! We're now thinking about Temple, TX. Seems it has more "civilized" weather

That 3 hour circle looks pretty good from there also.

Jim's book on early Mooneys is GOOD! I'll be using him when and if-

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

I sold my C without even advertising it.  It was at Don Maxwells when I bought my F/j and people would call him asking if he had any planes for sale.  I gave in very slightly when an offer was made, but she went to a very good home, and I made a new friend.

A good C is a hot commodity right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cliffy said:

Good to hear the replies here. I'm just thinking way down the line. 

I lived in DEN for a while. Saw 15" of that crappy white stuff in the middle of April!  We get maybe 3" a year where I'm at now and we're thinking of moving. Me and that white stuff don't get along.

Parents and a son lived (live) in HOU. By any other name its a swamp! We're now thinking about Temple, TX. Seems it has more "civilized" weather

That 3 hour circle looks pretty good from there also.

Jim's book on early Mooneys is GOOD! I'll be using him when and if-

 

I'll make you a great deal on a nice home in South Austin, AND a hangar at 84R where JD and SWTA will take very good care of your Mooney. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been there, done that, Austin's not in the running. Its like downtown NYC with all the traffic.  Way too big.  :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I'll make you a great deal on a nice home in South Austin, AND a hangar at 84R where JD and SWTA will take very good care of your Mooney. :D

Likewise, anyone looking to move to Tucson, now that we moved into the Airpark, my other house is for sale. 15 minutes to either 57AZ or KAVQ. Hangars available at both airports.

https://www.redfin.com/AZ/Tucson/4700-W-Flying-Diamond-Dr-85742/home/50557953

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 7:44 PM, mccdeuce said:

@Drumstick  Whats the stats and asking price for your C?  Couple of pictures?  I may have two people who would buy off you in the next month.

I’ll send you a quick note on specs.   I don’t want this thread to turn into a for sale posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Drumstick  my wife and I just this week decided we want a Mooney C or E, so I would we would be interested if you care to share.  Sorry if this is the wrong place in the forum to inquire, but I wasn't sure of another way to reach out.   Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tcraft938 said:

@Drumstick  my wife and I just this week decided we want a Mooney C or E, so I would we would be interested if you care to share.  Sorry if this is the wrong place in the forum to inquire, but I wasn't sure of another way to reach out.   Thanks

I don’t remember the question...

But I know, she is a keeper!  :)

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 10:30 AM, Drumstick said:

I am moving from the east coast to Colorado, taking a new job and will be selling my nicely equipped 1965 M20C.  I have a question for those that have sold planes.

Going with a broker - do you just drop the plane off and then only deal with the agent?  AKA - does the broker deal with all the tire kickers?  How does the paperwork get handled if the title is held by a bank?

For those that have sold their planes using this site, barnstormers or Facebook, how much time did it take to deal with inquiries etc?  

The broker fee represents nearly 10% of my likely asking price and I was just wondering if the effort and aggravation of selling the plane myself is worth that fee.  I will be very busy during the next 6 months and am concerned that potential buyers will see me as flakey if I can’t respond to inquiries within a day.   I will also not be local and therefore unable to show the plane conveniently.

How soon are you looking to sell?  I’m going to be in the market in the near future for a C model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Huitt3106 said:

How soon are you looking to sell?  I’m going to be in the market in the near future for a C model. 

I’m ready to sell now.   Just not available to show the plane and my schedule hasn’t allowed the time to fly it to a broker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drumstick said:

I’m ready to sell now.   Just not available to show the plane and my schedule hasn’t allowed the time to fly it to a broker.

I understand. I’d be potentially very interested if it was a little later. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.