Selling Advice

Good to hear the replies here. I'm just thinking way down the line. 

I lived in DEN for a while. Saw 15" of that crappy white stuff in the middle of April!  We get maybe 3" a year where I'm at now and we're thinking of moving. Me and that white stuff don't get along.

Parents and a son lived (live) in HOU. By any other name its a swamp! We're now thinking about Temple, TX. Seems it has more "civilized" weather

That 3 hour circle looks pretty good from there also.

Jim's book on early Mooneys is GOOD! I'll be using him when and if-

• Like 1

I sold my C without even advertising it.  It was at Don Maxwells when I bought my F/j and people would call him asking if he had any planes for sale.  I gave in very slightly when an offer was made, but she went to a very good home, and I made a new friend.

A good C is a hot commodity right now.

7 hours ago, cliffy said:

Good to hear the replies here. I'm just thinking way down the line. 

I lived in DEN for a while. Saw 15" of that crappy white stuff in the middle of April!  We get maybe 3" a year where I'm at now and we're thinking of moving. Me and that white stuff don't get along.

Parents and a son lived (live) in HOU. By any other name its a swamp! We're now thinking about Temple, TX. Seems it has more "civilized" weather

That 3 hour circle looks pretty good from there also.

Jim's book on early Mooneys is GOOD! I'll be using him when and if-

I'll make you a great deal on a nice home in South Austin, AND a hangar at 84R where JD and SWTA will take very good care of your Mooney. :D

9 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I'll make you a great deal on a nice home in South Austin, AND a hangar at 84R where JD and SWTA will take very good care of your Mooney. :D

Likewise, anyone looking to move to Tucson, now that we moved into the Airpark, my other house is for sale. 15 minutes to either 57AZ or KAVQ. Hangars available at both airports.

https://www.redfin.com/AZ/Tucson/4700-W-Flying-Diamond-Dr-85742/home/50557953

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tcraft938 said:

@Drumstick  my wife and I just this week decided we want a Mooney C or E, so I would we would be interested if you care to share.  Sorry if this is the wrong place in the forum to inquire, but I wasn't sure of another way to reach out.   Thanks

I don’t remember the question...

But I know, she is a keeper!  :)

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

On 1/28/2019 at 10:30 AM, Drumstick said:

I am moving from the east coast to Colorado, taking a new job and will be selling my nicely equipped 1965 M20C.  I have a question for those that have sold planes.

Going with a broker - do you just drop the plane off and then only deal with the agent?  AKA - does the broker deal with all the tire kickers?  How does the paperwork get handled if the title is held by a bank?

For those that have sold their planes using this site, barnstormers or Facebook, how much time did it take to deal with inquiries etc?  

The broker fee represents nearly 10% of my likely asking price and I was just wondering if the effort and aggravation of selling the plane myself is worth that fee.  I will be very busy during the next 6 months and am concerned that potential buyers will see me as flakey if I can’t respond to inquiries within a day.   I will also not be local and therefore unable to show the plane conveniently.

How soon are you looking to sell?  I’m going to be in the market in the near future for a C model. 

2 hours ago, Huitt3106 said:

How soon are you looking to sell?  I’m going to be in the market in the near future for a C model. 

I’m ready to sell now.   Just not available to show the plane and my schedule hasn’t allowed the time to fly it to a broker.