GSM-AUTO-AC-4G switch box

Stan

I purchased a GSM-AUTO-AC-4G switch box from Relay Supply, Canada, (which is a front company for Shanghai Wafer Microelectronics).  This box is the same as the Switchbox listed in the Vendors section.  Wired the unit and was ready to install the app on my iPhone.  As it turns out I get a message stating the developer has to update the app to work with IOS 11, my iPhone is IOS 12.1.3.  Emails sent to both Relay Supply (could not find a phone number) and Shanghai Wafer has resulted in ZERO feedback (not a surprise).  Has anyone experienced the same and know of a workaround?  Please go slow as I am a retired Marine Intel Officer.

Thanks

• Haha 1

You can just text the commands to the device:

To set your password (XXXXXX would be your new password):

#PWD123456#CAPXXXXXX#CAPXXXXXX

Then “whitelist” your phone (XXXXXX is your password, YYYYYYYYYY is the phone you are texting from):

#PWDXXXXXX#WHL001=YYYYYYYYYY

Turn Relay 1 on on for 64,000 seconds (XXXXXX is your password):

#PWDXXXXXX#RLY1=64800

Turn Relay 2 on on for 64,000 seconds (XXXXXX is your password):

#PWDXXXXXX#RLY2=64800

Turn Relay 1 off:

#PWDXXXXXX#RLOP1=OFF

Turn Relay 2 off:

#PWDXXXXXX#RLOP2=OFF

See, totally intuitive!

PM me if you need more help and I can talk you through it.

10 minutes ago, ilovecornfields said:

#PWDXXXXXX#RLY1=64800

#PWDXXXXXX#RLOP1=OFF

See, totally intuitive!

Sure, I see it! NOT!! Electrons don't make sense, because I can't visualize pushing them around with my hands. How do you push 'em through a capacitor? But they do something. Don't get me started on current coming out of the positive terminal when analyzing circuits on paper, but out of the negative terminal when you're actually doing something. 

My most recent attempts at "coding" were far enough back that it was still called "programming."  :P

Thanks,

Appreciate your quick response and offer to help if I need it.  Will get the SIM card in the next few days 

Got to prioritize, wife's and granddaughter birthday this week.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

This box is the same as the Switchbox listed in the Vendors section

I would warn you that the Switchbox is not just a re-sale of the GSM-AUTO-AC units..  The Switchbox guy adds extra wiring to handle the possibility of 15A being drawn via the cord, it looks ugly, but he solders a heavy gauge wire from the connection points to the relays.   I'm not sure if he adds a fuse/breaker as well, which should be part of a good design.  

If you look at the GSM-AUTO units, the relays are rated for 20A, but it is clear that the board traces are too thin to handle that current.. 

If you want to use a direct GSM-AUTO, I suggest that the heater AC be handled by a unit that is spec'ed for the current:

You will see that we have discussed this before in this thread:
https://mooneyspace.com/topic/17264-pirep-of-andoer-wireless-mobile-cell-phone-pda-gsm-remote-control-3-socket-power-outlet-smart-switch/?page=3

Using something like this module to switch the load:

https://www.amazon.com/Functional-Devices-RIB2401B-Enclosed-Relay/dp/B000LEUJU6/

• Like 1

Another thing to look for is the ratings. The CE rating is a “soft” rating and not as structured as the UL or CSE ratings.

I pulled the SwitchBox apart after Phil didn’t provide any more support to me on it. I work with a lot of EEs and had them look at the inner workings. Paul is correct, he modified the box to carry more current than it was designed under a CE rating to carry. One example was he thickened the solder leads to carry more. Not the correct way to do that.

Someone posted on this site a relay box from Amazon. It might be in one of the threads Paul posted. I use the relay box to carry the higher draw ceramic heater and just use the GSM box to trigger it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Can you change service providers? You might be able to just swap out the SIM. I use H2O Wireless for $9/quarter so $36/yr.

Here is my thread: https://mooneyspace.com/topic/29423-cellphone-controlled-relay-switch-project-kiaotime-kt-g2-att-4g-capable-plus-isolated-power-relay/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Tmobile.. $3/month with 25 mins per month... each TXT message is a min.   Refill every 90 days.   Mine is a regular GSM device and I had to switch to Tmobile when AT&T shut off their bare GSM network. 

T-Mobile® Prepaid 3-in-1 SIM Starter Kit

SKU : 000000610214657411

$10.00 upon activation

I did need an old full-size SIM phone to activate the SIM before I could put it in the device. 

43 minutes ago, tigers2007 said:

Can you change service providers? You might be able to just swap out the SIM. I use H2O Wireless for $9/quarter so $36/yr.

Here is my thread: https://mooneyspace.com/topic/29423-cellphone-controlled-relay-switch-project-kiaotime-kt-g2-att-4g-capable-plus-isolated-power-relay/

They finally contacted me with directions to buy another sim card. Now I have to look inside to see if I have a 2g, 3g or 4g sim... actually they want me to send a picture of the circuit board so they can identify. Then it’s $25 every three months. I’m no electronics guy so all this is another language.

I bet you can stick in any SIM from either AT&T or T-Mobile (as Verizon isn't GSM). The 3G service is being phased out as soon as possible. I get autobilled from H2o Wireless everyone quarter for $9. If you are having trouble finding the SIM in there, upload some photos and maybe we can guide you through.

Looks like the MS Army bought the Kiaotime out of stock! I checked it recently and it was at $125. I’m trying to find the part numbers for the humidity and temperature sensors.

28 minutes ago, tigers2007 said:

I’m trying to find the part numbers for the humidity and temperature sensors.

Let me know if you find them. I've been looking as well.  I think it's just a single sensor that will do both. But I haven't been able to find one. I'd like to add it to my set up.

• Like 1

I don't think the temperature sensor is for the 3GSM & 4GSM relay boards like above. 

The Temperature sensor was for the Andoer GSM (2G) 3 outlet CE approved device.    That one has to use a Tmobile sim as AT&T shut down their 2G GSM network. 

Here is the original Andoer thread (or an early one) 

https://mooneyspace.com/topic/17264-pirep-of-andoer-wireless-mobile-cell-phone-pda-gsm-remote-control-3-socket-power-outlet-smart-switch/

4 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

Somewhere here has the sensor module and made a comment about it. I’ll have to search through the Kiaotime chatter.

Following.  Have the 2 channel high current version but would like the sensor as well.

I purchased a GSM-AUTO-AC-4G switch box from Relay Supply, Canada, I am now having trouble bringing them up online.  However they are/were a front company for Shanghai Wafer Microelectronics.   http://www.waferstar.com/en/GSM-AUTO-4G.html

I then, (with advise from others in the forum) hooked up mine to an isolated power relay.  Similar to the post below.

See:  https://mooneyspace.com/topic/29423-cellphone-controlled-relay-switch-project-kiaotime-kt-g2-att-4g-capable-plus-isolated-power-relay/

I first used ATT but switched to T-Mobile because of signal strength in my area.  Pay as you go, every quarter I put more or less on the card depending on the weather.  Other than having to physically turn off the box, and in my case I physically remove and replace the card, it works good.  The drill to remove the card is done when I top off the card as I do not leave the box on all year, just beginning in fall.  Works fine with my IPhone ios 13.

Edited by Stan
Clarification

14 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

Dang too bad that’s not in stock! Maybe I can order it directly from China. I’ll have to check the ‘baba

I'm on a flight to Taiwan this evening. Probably not the correct "China" but if I could find it there, I'd bring a few of them back :-)

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I'm selling my engine pre heating GSM switch (update to a full hangar management system) fully setup and ready to use.  $250 plus shipping

• 4 channel version (two have be already setup with power plugs)
  • each channel separately wired for seperate fuse 
  • with humidity and temperature sensor
  • with WiFi module
  • lighted power plugs to indicate cannel status 
  • power supply
  • GSM antenna with magnetic socket
  • LiPo battery (if losing external power)
  • iOS app for cell phone use

It's easy to handle and I used it with a T-Mobile sim card. The output can be switched via app, switches on the device, based on time or based on temperature. I liked the option to check the status of the channels (see image) , temperature and humidity in the hangar.  Cool is as well to connect the electrical hangar door for remote opening and closing. It worked very reliable and you get an confirmation if its switching on or off. It also reports loss of power in the hangar.

Description
4G Relay Switch works on the basis of 4G/3G network, so it requires a prepaid pay-as-you-go 4G SIM card from your cellular provider, No minutes are used as it doesn't actually answer the calls - it recognize caller ID and then reject your phone call to turn on the switch automatically.
Its working way as same as your home wall mount manual press lights switch, the only difference is we changed manual press working way to Cell Phone wireless remote control. So the range of this relay switch is truly unlimited, You can remote control your home appliances anytime anywhere in the world!

Specification:
Working Voltage: DC 12-24V@1-2A
Material: ABS
Input Port: YES(for Temperature and Humidity sensor, optional)
Output: 4 channel relay, NO/NC,COM
Relay Contact: 10A 250VAC, 10A 30VDC
Power Consumption: Standby status:60mA@12V, Working status:100mA@12V
Memory: Relay memory after AC power outage
Control way: Phone Call/SMS/Timer control/Ralated working/Temperature and Humidity alarm
Working Humidity: >65%
Working Temperature: -25 - +55℃
Radio Frequency: 433.92MHZ (for wireless keyfob,optional)
Relay device dimension:7"(L) x 4.75"(W) x 2.25"(H)
Package Dimension:8.75"(L) x 6.5"(W) x 2.75"(H)
4G Module Bands: FDD-LTE:B2/ B4/ B12, 3G-WCDMA:B2/B4/B5 Compatible providers: USA: AT&T, T-Mobile

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_4826.JPG

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg