Lake Havasu lunch!

2 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

That’s pretty much the only reason someone will land there, an unexpected detour:) Two Great Dane puppies I bet still made a heck of a mess....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the smell almost got us going too.

I had in laws in K Falls, we headed over there and spent the night. The weather was much better the next day and the puppies slept the whole way back.

• Like 1

And the smell almost got us going too.
I had in laws in K Falls, we headed over there and spent the night. The weather was much better the next day and the puppies slept the whole way back.

Lol, i might have paid some money to see you guys bailing out of the plane in Christmas valley....

2 hours ago, xcrmckenna said:

We have one street light in the whole county......:) Maybe we can catch up another time. I’ll be in the Vegas area till the 12th if you get out of annual sooner than later.

12 minutes ago, MrRodgers said:

Not sure the weather is going to allow my flight from LA this Sunday. Too bad.
I was looking forward to seeing everyone.

Nope, big storm system moving in. I was hoping to fly somewhere tomorrow but that isn't going to happen. Expecting it to start raining tomorrow (1.5" in LA area) and not stop really until Tuesday afternoon. Big Bear is supposed to get a bunch of snow.

So... If you are going to be in the Vegas area until the 12th, how about Big Bear on the 9th? It is currently forecasting 63° and sunny for that Saturday. It would be beautiful with all the snow still on the mountains.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elimansour said:

Would love this join you but plane is still down for engine overhaul.  Should be done in a week and then will need lots of flights to break her in.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Where are you based Eli? I am at SEE.

Just touching base, if people still want to go I’m good with being there around 12:30 or 1. Winds are pretty strong. Steve and I talked and thought we would just meet at North Las Vegas for lunch if it was just going to be me and him. If you guys are up for making it to Lake Havasu for lunch I’m sure he can be talked into still going:)

39 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

Just touching base, if people still want to go I’m good with being there around 12:30 or 1. Winds are pretty strong. Steve and I talked and thought we would just meet at North Las Vegas for lunch if it was just going to be me and him. If you guys are up for making it to Lake Havasu for lunch I’m sure he can be talked into still going:)

We're on our way, but probably won't get there before noon mtn time, but probably by 12:30pm. Would be great to see you there if you two can make it. 

But doesn't look like many will be joining us.

Edited by kortopates

We're on our way, but probably won't get there before noon mtn time, but probably by 12:30pm. Would be great to see you there if you two can make it. 
But doesn't look like many will be joining us.

Weather is keeping me grounded in LA.

I didn’t want to hassle with IFR. It looked doable VFR when I left the house. I checked again when I got to the airport and we were good to go. While taxiing out it started looking gloomier and the ATIS was reporting 1000 abd 3. If the airports to the west were better I would have gone, but they were worse. I put the plane away.

01EC01FA-3FF5-41EB-8C10-542872371321.jpeg

Edited by N201MKTurbo

Well I finally made it to the party. I missed one Mooney as they were leaving. But I got to chat with a few. Glad you guys came out and hope to see you all again soon!!!!
a4a75e013e836b4242ef585905e4cf6d.jpg

Sorry I couldn’t get there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I didn’t want to hassle with IFR. It looked doable VFR when I left the house. I checked again when I got to the airport and we were good to go. While taxiing out it started looking gloomier and the ATIS was reporting 1000 abd 3. If the airports to the west were better I would have gone, but they were worse. I put the plane away.

That's too bad. My ceilings where twice that high, but even the mountains where obscured all day and I much prefer IFR to navigate the Bravo. But even so it was an easy IFR flight, IMC to 8300' on the way out and then smooth sailing above the tops at 15000' with a nice tail wind giving us 217 kts over the ground. On the way back pretty much the same except for some nasty clear air bumps in the descent down to 10K as we approached JLI but that only lasted a minute or so. Then it was vectors to the final for the localizer IMC.

IMG_5462.thumb.jpg.80a6552a43b16d21d46079a33d66d293.jpg

Steve @stevesm20b was an excellent host and came out to greet us after arriving later than expected

IMG_5467.thumb.jpg.32138fefc8b619c307cdf249b3dc574e.jpg

Unfortunately, not only did me miss getting Steve's girlfriend Julie and friend Sean in the picture, we also forgot to get another picture when Charles @xcrmckenna showed a bit later.

Edited by kortopates
  • Like 4