Aspen EFD1000 Pro 5000.00

6 minutes ago, Marauder said:

If it is a PFD 1000, you can have an avionics shop convert it to a MFD. the configuration module may need to be changed out.

Hmmm... I wonder what that would cost. It would be great if it could be converted to an MFD and upgraded to MAX at the same time for the $3K upgrade cost.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Hmmm... I wonder what that would cost. It would be great if it could be converted to an MFD and upgraded to MAX at the same time for the $3K upgrade cost.

If you're going the MFD route, you're better off just buying an MFD rather than converting a PFD. Aspen sold me new one with emergency battery backup for $5995 in July.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

If you're going the MFD route, you're better off just buying an MFD rather than converting a PFD. Aspen sold me new one with emergency battery backup for $5995 in July.

Which model mfd did you get? I’m looking at this possibility also

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get completely confused as to which model of the Aspen is which.  Is this the model with CDI bars for both navigation and glideslope on it, or not?  And does the HSI section display map segments on, say, any approach, or just the current leg that you're on? 

Is this new or has it been installed in an aircraft before?  (If the latter, I'm wondering about the STC legalities of buying and installing it.)

Thanks for any info.