C W&B loading graph

In 1965, that detail was a separate piece of graph paper with the basic math and MGTW, empty weight and UL... the piece of paper was kept with the logs, and didn’t have an important title until you are looking right at it, and those details can’t be found anywhere else...

A modern POH can be found around here that has all the appropriate stations for loading four people, fuel, bags, and your hat on its own rack...

The modern POH also has things like T/O distances...

If you have all that...

There are WnB apps everywhere... getting your data into them the first time takes some precision...

No points for goofing up basic PIC responsibilities... find the pic of five people in an M20C... it’s around here somewhere... it got posted after the off field.... activity.

PP thoughts only, not a CFI...

Best regards,

-a-

Aren't there app's for that?  I downloaded WnB Pro, for one reason only (ramp check! !) in seconds you can show your inside the envelope.  Obviously the information is only as good as your setup of arms and weights.   In cross checking the app it is accurate, but it really is't anything above a pretty excel spreadsheet. 

I found a similar spreadsheet and added a second page to it with a variety of loading configurations. It was simple to figure several different passenger / baggage loadings and add line for 50, 40, 30 and 20 gal for each to cover landings and partial fuel trips. I keep a printout of this in the plane; those scenarios that are out of CG are in red for quick reference.

In the event that anyone asks (zero occurences since purchase in June 2007), it's there. More importantly, it was quite beneficial when learning the aircraft. A quick glance confirmed that I was good, or told me to calculate it if it was close. It also let me compare flight characteristics to the loading when reflecting afterwards. 

So play with the spreadsheet and build a tabke of results. You may have some happy surprises!

On 1/26/2019 at 9:02 AM, Fred₂O said:

Here is a form I found online for a 1965 C model.  Looks to be a scanned copy of a Mooney document.

M20C_Weight_Balance_Data_Form_1965.pdf

Yeah..I have all that too. I used it to do my calculations and all was well. I had one made up for an Apache Years back.

thx.

I am wondering if the calculated arm on my ‘65C is correct. My empty weight is 1607# but the arm seems a bit forward at 44.66”. So much so that I have to be careful with 2 on board and full fuel not to be too nose heavy. It would be a pain to redo all of the wt & balance calculation I have, but after reading on the blog, I’m not that confident in having someone use portable scales either.

4 hours ago, Captnmack said:

Yeah..I have all that too. I used it to do my calculations and all was well. I had one made up for an Apache Years back.

thx.

Apache...?   Are you talking about the rare Mooney Apache, or as in hover & kill Apache?   I assume the latter.B)