Halo headsets

StevenL757

37 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Either you've got a bad set of Halos or they're more difficult to figure out than I thought. 

I've never had any of the issues you speak of. The sound quality both speaking and listening is superior to my Zulu3's. I was on a phone call, through my Halos, via Bluetooth to my PMA450b audio panel during my run up. The party on the other end of the call, also a Mooney pilot, didn't believe I was in the airplane, much less running it at 1700 RPM. I also recently had cause to listen to some transmission of mine on LiveATC and the recording is very clear.

And I'll also say they stay put much better than the Zulu's in turbulence. The wire frame of the Halos can be manipulated easily to just the right position. And once there, it stays there. 

I hope you're able to work it out so they function properly for you. Because for so many of us, these are the best headsets we've ever worn. And I'd like you to be able to enjoy the superior comfort and performance as well.

Phil was having a lot of trouble findings qualified technicians to build them. Hopefully, the issue described above is a one off or caused by something else. When my Halo wires got pulled out of the unit controller, I opened the box and went to see if I could solder the wires back in. Way too small for this Mongo to work on. I will say that when I sent my unit back for repair, Phil fixed them at no charge. That is customer service.

Edited by Marauder
  • Like 2

Phil, really appreciate you and how you and your folks are able to provide such a great value in a superb product at a reasonable price point.  Really love mine, and would order them again in a heartbeat.  I hope others can share this sentiment, and glad you're part of the forum.

Steve

• Like 1

Phil, any chance you would consider donating a set for the silent auction of the Mooney Summit VIII and join Lightspeed and DC as a sponsor of this great event? Cost of goods, a bit of time and a lot of good will is all it cost! You have a number of evangelist here, and could get quite a few more with such support for the Mooney community!
Please consider it.

Mike

• Like 4