Halo headsets

StevenL757

14 minutes ago, KSMooniac said:

Ken, try the baffled silicone tips as well.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

That's what I use. Gave away all of the foam ones.

I've never adjusted the wire, just put it around the back of my head and over my ears. It doesn't interfere with my glasses or sunglasses. Just rotate the wire itself so it's all the way down against your neck, or vibration will do it for you. Then move the mic in front of your mouth. Never had any trouble with the mic, besides moving it to eat and drink and replacing the little foam cover.

And it works with any hat, not just ball caps.

20180920_154910.thumb.jpg.a48c1daa5e71cf641320fcbb4c19dc53.jpg

20130922_133457.thumb.jpg.fbc7596714760cb67081b261ed2b00e0.jpg

• Like 2

Got a set of Halos last week. I've tried them on a few flights. It seems I have the foam seated properly but the noise reduction doesn't compare to my Zulu 3s. The sound quality also doesn't seem nearly as good as the Zulus. I'll try the black foam plug and maybe consider getting custom ear pieces made. At this point I'm not impressed but we'll see.
Do the custom molds. Night and day for noise cancellation and comfort!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

I got a pair recently and the excess length of the air tubes is annoying.  It's an issue getting tangled with the earpieces of my glasses, and I could see it being an issue with oxygen tubing.

I've been thinking of zip-tying the excess tubing length.

You can do what I did.. cut the length of the tubes. Detach them where they plug into the headband and your golden.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyboy0681 said:

You can do what I did.. cut the length of the tubes. Detach them where they plug into the headband and your golden.

It doesn't affect the audio quality?  Dr Phil's instructions suggested the length was important and to limit any trimming...

• Like 1

I think my plane is just way too loud for the Halo's to be effective and the mic doesn't seem to play nice with my old radios.  I have a set that I bought at Oshkosh last year and tried the various plugs and just wasn't satisfied.  Thought my wife might like the fact that they don't mess up your hair, but she wasn't impressed either.  If you are looking for a set send me a PM, I'd love to trade them out for an ANR headset.

Hat and glasses and Halos... works for me...

The ability to clearly hear the radio is most important for me...

I think my ears aged a lot in the last decade...

You know they are comfortable when you try to exit the plane with them still on your head... :)

Fortunately, you are the last person to leave, so nobody is going to notice if you continue to act really cool...

expect it to take some practice to get the plugs in the ears properly... OSHA has some interesting training that goes with that... yes, i’ve Been trained in how to insert plugs in my ears... and it makes a difference...

Phil has a packet of the different plugs... you can probably find out which one works best for you...

Best regards,

-a-

Does anyone know if the AUX plug on the Halo allows for mic audio to be sent to your phone?  I could only get audio from the phone, like music, but I couldn't make phone calls using it (or at least I could hear but couldn't talk).  I'm not sure if I have the right type of audio cable, so I wasn't sure if this is supposed to work.

20 hours ago, Guitarmaster said:

Do the custom molds. Night and day for noise cancellation and comfort!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

I made an appointment with an audiologist.

I love my Halo's, and after about a year of flying my wife had me buy her a pair. I think I'll give these custom ear molds a try, for $26 it isn't much of an investment if it doesn't work like I want. Some good reviews, including one person who converted one of the ear plugs to work with his two way radio.

Decibullz - Custom Molded Earplugs (smile.Amazon.com for the Mooney Summit)

20 hours ago, Skates97 said:

I love my Halo's, and after about a year of flying my wife had me buy her a pair. I think I'll give these custom ear molds a try, for $26 it isn't much of an investment if it doesn't work like I want. Some good reviews, including one person who converted one of the ear plugs to work with his two way radio.

Decibullz - Custom Molded Earplugs (smile.Amazon.com for the Mooney Summit)

I actually tried this last week with the Decibullz and it works pretty good.  I think I lost a little sound reduction as compared to the yellow foam tips but it is much more comfortable.

Here's what I ended up with:

20190301_063752_resized.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

Does anyone know if the AUX plug on the Halo allows for mic audio to be sent to your phone?  I could only get audio from the phone, like music, but I couldn't make phone calls using it (or at least I could hear but couldn't talk).  I'm not sure if I have the right type of audio cable, so I wasn't sure if this is supposed to work.

No, unfortunately the AUX plug is for audio in only, not out.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 4:35 AM, kpaul said:

Out of Stock already

On 3/23/2019 at 4:55 AM, StevenL757 said:

Dang....wow. 

In the past there was some consistency to when he would post on his site when there was stock available. I spent a long time on the wait list that he used to have to get mine. fast forward about a year to when my wife wanted her own set and it took me less than a week to get her a set. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

1 minute ago, bill98 said:

Is anyone else able to keep them from falling off without wearing a hat or glasses?

asking for a friend. 

Your "friend" is wearing them with the wire over the ears and they are falling off? I haven't had mine fall off, ever. You can bend the wire a little if you need them to be more snug so they don't fall.

3 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

In the past there was some consistency to when he would post on his site when there was stock available. I spent a long time on the wait list that he used to have to get mine. fast forward about a year to when my wife wanted her own set and it took me less than a week to get her a set. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

Your "friend" is wearing them with the wire over the ears and they are falling off? I haven't had mine fall off, ever. You can bend the wire a little if you need them to be more snug so they don't fall.

I will tell my friend to not be so dramatic. I kind of like them sitting on the neck but like the cord on the left side of near the comm plugs. 

*they kind of like

On 2/27/2019 at 10:36 AM, Hank said:

That's what I use. Gave away all of the foam ones.

I've never adjusted the wire, just put it around the back of my head and over my ears. It doesn't interfere with my glasses or sunglasses. Just rotate the wire itself so it's all the way down against your neck, or vibration will do it for you. Then move the mic in front of your mouth. Never had any trouble with the mic, besides moving it to eat and drink and replacing the little foam cover.

And it works with any hat, not just ball caps.

20180920_154910.thumb.jpg.a48c1daa5e71cf641320fcbb4c19dc53.jpg

20130922_133457.thumb.jpg.fbc7596714760cb67081b261ed2b00e0.jpg

What Costco did you fly to that is located on an airport?! I need some more paper towels. 

5 minutes ago, bill98 said:

I will tell my friend to not be so dramatic. I kind of like them sitting on the neck but like the cord on the left side of near the comm plugs. 

*they kind of like

If the clip that came with them breaks (we had one that did) these make a great replacement.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N22KO0X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2