Halo headsets

StevenL757

If anyone is looking for a Halo headset from Quiet Technologies, they now have some black headsets and some yellow ones available.  Order here...

http://www.quiettechnologies.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

As some know, the gentleman making them is very short-handed from a staffing standpoint, and only is able to turn out a few at a time, but as of tonight, there are limited quantities of both available.  Just wanted to pass along to anyone interested but may have given up on looking.  They go extremely fast...like within a day or two, and in the past, the few that have been released have been sold in less than a few hours.

Although I bought one a year ago, I check periodically to see if any are made and released for sale....so FYI for anyone looking this evening.

Steve

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, FoxMike said:

Thanks for the information, I ordered a set last night.  I have been waiting  months for availability.  Hope they work satisfactorily.

If they don't work for you for whatever reason, they are really easy to sell on the secondary market at the same price as new.  I've seen pairs on here and on BeechTalk sell in under 20 minutes. 

Brian

I picked up a second pair. I picked up my first pair at OSH but have since sold several other locals on how good they work. My wife now has a pair to replace he Bose A20s with - they are going to be backseat passengers.

• Like 2

My wife and I each have a set. Her Zulu2's have now been relegated to the back seat. I bought a spare set at OSH this year, and then sold them to a friend who really wanted them but couldn't get them from the website.

If you don't like them, you can sell them here for full retail.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FoxMike said:

Thanks for the information, I ordered a set last night.  I have been waiting  months for availability.  Hope they work satisfactorily.

If you email him asking if there is a way to get one next time they are out of stock, he might make a set. That’s what he did for me. Amazing customer service!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, flight2000 said:

Looks like someone copied his design....at a higher price point. 

https://cqheadset.com/

Brian

The devil is in the details--speaker type, ear plug design, sound tube material, etc. To say nothing of Dr. Phil The Audiologist's superior customer service!

Love, love, love my Halos!!!! They taught me that I wasn't having low oxygen headaches after flying, I was having headset-clamp-pressure headaches. 

Maybe the good doctor should issue a Cease and Desist order to CQ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hank said:

The devil is in the details--speaker type, ear plug design, sound tube material, etc. To say nothing of Dr. Phil The Audiologist's superior customer service!

Love, love, love my Halos!!!! They taught me that I wasn't having low oxygen headaches after flying, I was having headset-clamp-pressure headaches. 

I'd sure be willing to kick in to help Dr Phil fight off the obvious rip off of his product.

18 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

Wow, does look like a direct knock-off of the Halo, with the exception of the volume control unit.

I know, right down to the tubes having the same style moisture control (if that's what they do...:)). 

I was reading their "description" and they are saying the boom mic is designed to stay in place and is longer (probably just marketing hype).  I've had my Halo's for year's and still have no idea how the mic doesn't stay put.  Mine stays where I stick it.  I love my Halo's and wouldn't want anything but the original's.

I don't care for the rheostat type volume control either, but they will steal business if QT's remain hard to get. 

Cheers,

Brian

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flight2000 said:

I don't care for the rheostat type volume control either, but they will steal business if QT's remain hard to get. 

Phil needs to ramp up production, but perhaps easier said than done.

In-ear headsets aren't for everyone, but I am Halo's greatest fan and cheerleader.

• Like 2

Phil will have a challenge if none of his design is patented. Even if they are, it doesn’t prevent knock offs being produced and sold.

Every time I see Phil at Oshkosh or Sun N Fun, he laments about keeping staff to build these products. Although this production problem certainly creates demand, when someone see this knockoff product and they can have it now, I guarantee you people from this site will place orders with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

11 hours ago, Hank said:

Agree absolutely.  As Paul @gsxrpilot stated, it’s a direct ripoff...all the way down to the comments/narrative/descriptive wording about the product and even the video.

Unreal.

15 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

This is the only thing I found on them..

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?p=1317486

That’s a strong endorsement of the product.  Having s custom circuit board made also shows they’re committed.

8 hours ago, Marauder said:

Phil will have a challenge if none of his design is patented. Even if they are, it doesn’t prevent knock offs being produced and sold.

Every time I see Phil at Oshkosh or Sun N Fun, he laments about keeping staff to build these products. Although this production problem certainly creates demand, when someone see this knockoff product and they can have it now, I guarantee you people from this site will place orders with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve heard this refrain for years. I sympathize as business is tough, and pilots are cheap (me included).  I’m a fan of my Halos- we have 2.  Candidly, I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner. There’s clearly demand for the product and the Halos are regularly out of stock.  Clearly I’m not the only person who saw the opportunity  

I suspect the price point is still too low to be anything other than a hobby business or a job, but time will tell.

• Like 1

I've heard great things about Halos and would have bought one to try if they were available.  I find it bizarre that the guy would choose to maintain a low "barrier to entry" by limiting volume.  In this day and age, I'm surprised that it took so long for a competitive product to arrive.

It's a shame, but you'd have to be willfully blind to not expect what happened.  This isn't the first, nor will be the last, small business to leave money on the table to their detriment.