Got some!! WTBorrow/Rent - shock disk tools

Oldguy

My mechanic and I need to use the shock disk tools to swap out shock disks. If anyone has some I can rent, borrow, or use, I would appreciate it. If, by chance you have them and are going to the AL/TN/FL/MS lunch fly-in on Saturday in Cullman,AL, it would be even better.

TIA for any help you can provide.

I've seen people use the weight of the plane to compress the discs on the mains, but the nose is difficult without the tool.

The nice guy I rented from has retired, hangartoolbox.com

The bad part is the shipping cost, the tools are bulky and heavy.

Good luck, John, and enjoy lunch tomorrow!

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:56 AM, Hank said:

I've seen people use the weight of the plane to compress the discs on the mains, but the nose is difficult without the tool.

The nice guy I rented from has retired, hangartoolbox.com

The bad part is the shipping cost, the tools are bulky and heavy.

Good luck, John, and enjoy lunch tomorrow!

Hank,

I've also rented HangarBox tools for my 67F few years ago. Very easy to use and I replaced 2 sets of disks myself while learning to use tool for actual work next day with my IA. He commented that that hydraulic tool was much easier to use then original Mooney tools.

Would you happen to have a picture?

The website is gone and I can't find the pictures I think I took at the time...

Regards,

2 hours ago, Igor_U said:

Hank,

I've also rented HangarBox tools for my 67F few years ago. Very easy to use and I replaced 2 sets of disks myself while learning to use tool for actual work next day with my IA. He commented that that hydraulic tool was much easier to use then original Mooney tools.

Would you happen to have a picture?

The website is gone and I can't find the pictures I think I took at the time...

Regards,

Sorry, I don't have pictures. The IA did that part while I was at work.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:50 AM, Oldguy said:

My mechanic and I need to use the shock disk tools to swap out shock disks. If anyone has some I can rent, borrow, or use, I would appreciate it. If, by chance you have them and are going to the AL/TN/FL/MS lunch fly-in on Saturday in Cullman,AL, it would be even better.

TIA for any help you can provide.

I have a set of factory tools that I can lend out.  I can send them out at the end of next week.  PM sent.