PreInspection Mechanic Needed, Fullerton, CA

VPAPA

I used Foothill Aviation at Cable (KCCB) for the pre-buy on my ‘70F (they are a Mooney Service Center).  They missed the leaking prop :(

But, I just finished my first annual at Top Gun and they found “only” $2K of squawks, most of which were really NOT pre-buy items.

8 minutes ago, kmyfm20s said:

Unfortunately CrownAir decided to close their service center here in San Diego, it’s a real loss. Us So Cal pilots will need to head north for any Mooney service centers.

Wow that is a loss! I had a great experience with Dave Gill at Crownair on a pre-buy back in 2014 -  very easy to work with and very fair.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Does anyone have amechanic you can recommend whom specializes in Mooney’s in Orange County, CA?   Looking to purchase an M20F in or near Orange County, CA.   Thanks!!

You might want to see if you can have the seller bring it up to LASAR in Lakeport, Ca. Only about a 2 hr flight and

One of the top Mooney centers on the West Coast and a West Coast Mooney Club sponsor. Great service and affordable. #LASAR. #WestcoastMooneyClub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VPAPA said:

Thanks!

MikeOH, would you recommend Foothill Aviation at Cable or not since they missed the leaking prop??

Mixed emotions on that; I believe they know Mooneys which is CRUCIAL for a pre-buy, and I really didn’t have any surprises after purchase EXCEPT for the missed prop!

Top Gun (where I had my annual done) and LASAR are great choices, but will your seller go for that?

3 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

Wow that is a loss! I had a great experience with Dave Gill at Crownair on a pre-buy back in 2014 -  very easy to work with and very fair. 

I've got a lot of crown air signatures in my logs.  Never had a problem with any of the work they've done.  Too bad to hear they're gone.

16 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

I believe you bought a very clean Encore at the time. Dave and Bill have been working on Mooney’s forever. I think they all will end up at High Performance aircraft at Gillespie field but they only work on Piper and Beech Craft. I hoping one of them decides to do a little independent work.

3 hours ago, kmyfm20s said:

I believe you bought a very clean Encore at the time. Dave and Bill have been working on Mooney’s forever. I think they all will end up at High Performance aircraft at Gillespie field but they only work on Piper and Beech Craft. I hoping one of them decides to do a little independent work.

You are correct - that was N40FM! They found a few little things but not much.

Later when I sold it, Don Maxwell who did the pre-buy for the buyer, could not find one thing - said it was the first time ever.