Insurance up 20%

Chris from PA

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

That is an easy fix...what do you want it to sound like :) WHat you wont have is the torque drop off as you approach redline and having to shift to get that torque back.

And, THAT, will be a sad day, indeed. I rather enjoy making my upshifts at the correct point, and matching revs on a downshift. Substituting a loudspeaker for a set of open headers is pathetic.

The counterpoint to embracing "don't fight change as it is inevitable", is not all change is for the better.

The endgame of all this 'wonderful' technological advancement (because, who doesn't want to be just a teensy, tiny, bit safer, right?  What kind of crazy person would say otherwise, right?), is what I like to call "brains in a jar.". I.e., we will all end up like the Matrix.  How's that sound?

I know I, and sounds like Hank, will be volunteering to serve on the Nebuchadnezzer:D

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, M016576 said:

You won’t have to- they probably have already figured it out..... and possibly even work around to get access! ;)

yea, a few years ago I could set up a wireless packet sniffer and fetch credentials at the charging stations. Downside is whom ever car I cob can just shut it down :) and will know exactly where I am. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hank said:

I don't like trusting my life to a caffeinated programmer under time pressure.

The genius who programmed the auto-headlight dimming function on my Toyota should be taken out behind the plant and run over at night by people driving his vehicles who can't see him!

OMG, I hate that headlight dimming feature.  We live down a private 1/4 mile winding woods road.  I have to HOLD the dimming lever back to drive it down that stretch of road.  That's just one idiotic feature on my wife's 2016 RAV.  How about the radar feature in cruise?  Doesn't even give you an audible it's slowing you down!  A visual alert on a screen I never look at much.  You just start noticing you're no longer catching the slower car in front of you.

Looks like this will be our last Toyota after a string of about 5 of them.

Tom

1 hour ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

OMG, I hate that headlight dimming feature.  We live down a private 1/4 mile winding woods road.  I have to HOLD the dimming lever back to drive it down that stretch of road.  That's just one idiotic feature on my wife's 2016 RAV. 

In Auto mold, my dimmer switch does nothing. When I hit my blinker to turn off the highway onto our road, with no streetlights for miles, as soon as I turn the wheel the headlights go to dim and stay there. Nothing like driving down an unlit country road with nonfunctional bright lights! Idiots!! No more Toyota for me, either. First, last and only. At least I didn't pay for it . . .

In Auto mold, my dimmer switch does nothing. When I hit my blinker to turn off the highway onto our road, with no streetlights for miles, as soon as I turn the wheel the headlights go to dim and stay there. Nothing like driving down an unlit country road with nonfunctional bright lights! Idiots!! No more Toyota for me, either. First, last and only. At least I didn't pay for it . . .

My Honda works pretty well, the camera points forward so it turns off on turns as well. But I can turn the lights to manual mode if I want. They will go back to high beams after turn is completed.

• 4 weeks later...