Tucson area hangar help?

KSMooniac

I may have the opportunity to take a short term assignment in Tucson pretty soon that might last a couple months.

I'm looking for suggestions for a reasonable airport to park my J...ideally a hangar of course, but covered tie-down might be sufficient. I figured someone here might have good intel vs me randomly calling places.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I may have the opportunity to take a short term assignment in Tucson pretty soon that might last a couple months.

I'm looking for suggestions for a reasonable airport to park my J...ideally a hangar of course, but covered tie-down might be sufficient. I figured someone here might have good intel vs me randomly calling places.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

You’ll need a hangar in the “land of dry”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KSMooniac said:

I'm not sure yet, but perhaps south or southeast.

If you are south or southeast you will be closer to Tucson International (KTUS). I would call Premier Aviation and ask what they have.

Edited by N201MKTurbo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KSMooniac said:

I may have the opportunity to take a short term assignment in Tucson pretty soon that might last a couple months. I'm looking for suggestions for a reasonable airport to park my J...ideally a hangar of course, but covered tie-down might be sufficient. I figured someone here might have good intel vs me randomly calling places.

There's a private stand alone T-hangar available for rent at 57AZ. I can get you specifics. It is right across the taxiway from me. There's also a covered tie down available right now. 57AZ is a great little airport.

Edited by KLRDMD
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KSMooniac said:

Thanks! That is very kind. I haven't heard yet about the trip as a go or no-go yet, but am hopeful.

Premier is rebuilding their facility in three weeks so they are tearing up their ramp. So nothing there. There are empty shades just south of Premier. The hot young lady at the desk didn't know who they belonged to, either Tucson or Atlantic FBO. 

4 minutes ago, KSMooniac said:

Great data...thanks! Empty shade hangars might be fine, especially if I'm working/staying nearby. I'll let you know what transpires. Hopefully it all works and I'd love to meet up.

I fly in to Tucson 1 or 2 times a week to work at the big bomb and space ship factory south of the field. I'm usually in and out during the work day. I often hang out with some friends at KAVQ on the weekends, perhaps we could meet up there, or if you hop up to KCHD.

• Like 1