O360-A1D exhaust stack

Joe,

Got a pic?

The first tubes coming out after the exhaust valves experience a fair amount of thinning...

Especially if the O360 never got an engine monitor... (could be just my personal experience) :)

The coolest thing about aviation exhaust welding shops... their repairs look a lot like brand new parts when they are done... down to exact specifications too...

The Best part of that experience, their prices aren’t anywhere as bad as the usual new stuff...

Look up exhaust welding around here for some examples...

While you are looking into your exhaust system, be familiar with exhaust cracks inside the muffler.  Source of CO. 

Also be aware of CO monitors... they are good for your health.

Best regards,

-a-

On 1/15/2019 at 5:12 PM, Psmith said:

JD in Smithville, Texas has one. (SWTA)

Southwest Texas Aviation Inc.
789 Northwest Loop 230
Smithville-Crawford Municipal Airport
Smithville, TX 78957

Airport Identifier: 84R

Office #: 512-353-3455 
Cell: 405-990-7535
Parts: parts@swta.net
Service: service@swta.net

https://www.facebook.com/southwesttexasaviation/

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 1:06 AM, carusoam said:

Joe,

Got a pic?

The first tubes coming out after the exhaust valves experience a fair amount of thinning...

Especially if the O360 never got an engine monitor... (could be just my personal experience) :)

The coolest thing about aviation exhaust welding shops... their repairs look a lot like brand new parts when they are done... down to exact specifications too...

The Best part of that experience, their prices aren’t anywhere as bad as the usual new stuff...

Look up exhaust welding around here for some examples...

While you are looking into your exhaust system, be familiar with exhaust cracks inside the muffler.  Source of CO. 

Also be aware of CO monitors... they are good for your health.

Best regards,

-a-

Yes, that’s how I discovered the crack, co2 detector turned black enroute, I shutoff heat and opened all air vents, I forgot how bad teeth your can chatter.

sent part to wag aero and luckily they had a replacement part at a reasonable price, mine was unrepairable, their my hero! Thanks for your reply

• Like 1