Be gentle it's my first time

So as the Saga continues I am slowly getting it done. Fixing the wrongs from the past and moving forward it is looking better. It is not perfect by far but it's better then what was there and reliable. Tell me what ya think.0750dbe5dc7e9d8fd4006d443a482a70.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

looks good.  would the transponder not fit in the center stack?
No.... There are cross bars in the way. I tried six ways to Sunday to get it to fit. It'll give my wife something to look at. Once approved the AP will go above it.

mine is offset to the right, also.  My next move is a primary engine monitor.  It will be nice to get rid of the factory gauges.  Your setup is very clean looking.
Thanks,. But if I did it again I'd adapt a J model panel and completely remove the factory cables. Then lower the panel increase the room to the radio shack and relocate the switches. This is what it looked like before.c582e0e83ef1c7a2125b98564649fe7b.jpg

• Like 1

So as the Saga continues I am slowly getting it done. Fixing the wrongs from the past and moving forward it is looking better. It is not perfect by far but it's better then what was there and reliable. Tell me what ya think.0750dbe5dc7e9d8fd4006d443a482a70.jpg

@gsxrpilot. Does this mean I can get off the list???

• Like 1

Looks like good progress. Get a nice paint on the panel and you have a sense of completion.

BTW - it may be an optical illusion but are the G5’s level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like good progress. Get a nice paint on the panel and you have a sense of completion.

BTW - it may be an optical illusion but are the G5’s level?

I am thinking natural clear coat. I keep looking at that too. I have to figure out how to check that because it also relies on if the plane is sitting level. I am thinking it is off. But honestly haven't gotten that far yet

• Like 1

I am thinking natural clear coat. I keep looking at that too. I have to figure out how to check that because it also relies on if the plane is sitting level. I am thinking it is off. But honestly haven't gotten that far yet

Easiest way to check is to pick up a small level from a hardware store and lay it on top of the G5 AI to check. Then place it in the plane in various locations to verify. Looks like it is leaning right just a little bit. Is that what you are seeing?

Easiest way to check is to pick up a small level from a hardware store and lay it on top of the G5 AI to check. Then place it in the plane in various locations to verify. Looks like it is leaning right just a little bit. Is that what you are seeing?

Yea. But the right side if the 530 is vertical. I'll check tomorrow. I'm wiped out. I have played with wires all day. I am cross eyed.

• Like 1

Ok so the panel is off by 1/8in. Not sure how I goofed it but I did. And the G5s are straight but to tight on top of one another. bc5fae9f999651e23fb5eedc476a6282.jpgfac6b616f4686cc38f9fc205f1506e3f.jpg

Ok so the panel is off by 1/8in. Not sure how I goofed it but I did. And the G5s are straight but to tight on top of one another. bc5fae9f999651e23fb5eedc476a6282.jpgfac6b616f4686cc38f9fc205f1506e3f.jpg

9a1e1105ccafabc60ea35c06695dec08.jpg

aceeb0104c6b59dfa4b1b23d8e338ef7.jpg

Ok, looked at your picture closer. You should be fine for calibration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Joe,

Have you seen the preliminary panels that the pro shops make out of acrylic?

I get the feeling there isn’t a way to make a panel without a few ‘how did that happen’ kind of things pop up. :)

Got to enjoy the instant feedback you get from a community of like minded people.

How challenging is it going to be to straighten out?

Misplaced hole, or sagging panel mount? Or recut the whole thing?

Best regards,

-a-

18 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Joe,

Have you seen the preliminary panels that the pro shops make out of acrylic?

I get the feeling there isn’t a way to make a panel without a few ‘how did that happen’ kind of things pop up. :)

Got to enjoy the instant feedback you get from a community of like minded people.

How challenging is it going to be to straighten out?

Misplaced hole, or sagging panel mount? Or recut the whole thing?

Best regards,

-a-

That is actually the easy part I have a friend who is really patient with me who owns a water jet.  It is just the cost of aluminum.  The sad thing is I had it perfect with the tin spec pieces but when we swapped to the finished panel I loaded the wrong file.  It is just time and a few good laughs.  I forced this piece to fit just to get an idea of what it would look like and I knew there was something wrong but after being upside down and sideways for hours I was done.  I am in the process of running the GMU11 to the back of the tail.  I am hoping there I'll get a good "pass" test.  Otherwise I am not sure where to stick it.  I'm preparing for ADSB and for an AP so I am making sure things are set for that to happen after I get back into the air.  I am also removing "rusty screws" and installing new.  Got a friend at a supply center for SS hardware. 

• Like 1

That is actually the easy part I have a friend who is really patient with me who owns a water jet.  It is just the cost of aluminum.  The sad thing is I had it perfect with the tin spec pieces but when we swapped to the finished panel I loaded the wrong file.  It is just time and a few good laughs.  I forced this piece to fit just to get an idea of what it would look like and I knew there was something wrong but after being upside down and sideways for hours I was done.  I am in the process of running the GMU11 to the back of the tail.  I am hoping there I'll get a good "pass" test.  Otherwise I am not sure where to stick it.  I'm preparing for ADSB and for an AP so I am making sure things are set for that to happen after I get back into the air.  I am also removing "rusty screws" and installing new.  Got a friend at a supply center for SS hardware. 

If this will help, the Aspen magnometers are installed on the area just aft of the baggage door and in front of the vertical stabilizer.

b668b331658e2e7263fcaf00176d061f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 1/13/2019 at 7:08 PM, Dream to fly said:

@gsxrpilot. Does this mean I can get off the list???

Yes! In fact you go on another list. On of those who have brought one back from the brink at considerable personal sacrifice, pain and expense. But it's a gift to the entire fleet to bring one back like this.