Sky beacon order

BDPetersen

I’m trying my best to sit on my hands to control my usual impatience, but here’s my story.

I placed an order for the Uavionix Skybeacon in November and received an preorder number stating I would be charged for it when the order was released on January 2. That date has come and gone and despite two emails to them and leaving a phone message, it has been crickets. Well actually they acknowledged receiving an email. As yet no information.

At least I have not yet been charged, but I hope this isn’t an indication of what their version of customer support is. I can imagine they may be inundated, but how hard could a response be.

Curious if anyone else has any experience.

There a a few places like Chief and few on EBay who have them in stock. I finally cancelled my pre order and got it shipped out today. They didn't respond to me either until I asked to cancel the order. Received a response in 3 minutes. Good luck!

My guess is they are being over run with orders and can’t keep up with the production. They probably have supply agreements with Chief among others and are pressed to keep up with those commitments.

Sounds a little like the issue Phil has with the Quiet Comfort headset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Are you talking about the Sky Beacon or the Tail Beacon?  At first glance after looking at the mounting template for the Tail Beacon, I am concerned that it is not going to fit into the tail of my '64 D.... the rectangular box behind the "bulb" looks like it's too long/wide to fit into the factory recess in the tail fairing.  The template does not give the width dimension for the box aft of the flange. Still waiting to hear back from uAvionix....

Tail Beacon.pdf

Edited by PilotCoyote

• 1 month later...

Just to refresh this... Anyone else had shipping issues. I sent in my order Jan 18. Spoke with them early last week, and go the "we're expecting to ship within the next week or two" reply. 

My annual is coming up in 2 weeks, and I"d like to have everything here. Anyone else have shipping insight? 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:04 PM, BDPetersen said:

Sky beacon. As per moniacX, they acknowledged my cancelation and now reordered through Lafayette Avionics via eBay. And it shipped today.

I've noticed that Lafayette Avionics has really good prices on their avionics and buying direct on their website saves even more then on eBay. It might save someone else few $$.

I'm looking to buy the G5 from them.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I installed one on a wingtip for a friend. The WiFi would only work when he jumped it with a 12v battery.  Standing ships battery voltage wasn’t enough to power the WiFi, and engine running, somehow it wouldn’t either with 13.5v.  

Anyways it’s confogured now, but my other friend has a PA30 with g500 and gtx345.  It shows two targets in formation on his screen. 

The strobe on that thing is awful. I can’t see how it conforms to TSO. The beam spread is awful and it’s not bright. Can’t  be synced. 

Customer service is an email answered 3 days later.