Auto Pilot

Alfredo

well, I am doing some up grades on my Mooney, so i did transponder Garmin 325, Garmin audio pilot 325 and flight stream. Now i need trade my auto piolt S-

Tec 30 to another one that i can shoot approaches, but with good price. i would like to get some advice's from you guys. Thank You

mooney 1.JPG

mooney 2.JPG

31 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Your best option would be to trade up to the Stec3100... but it's just a few months away yet.

Probably worth the wait. Your STEC30 is worth about $10,000 trade in toward the 3100 which is flying in other brands now. M20 certification is in the queue.

https://genesys-aerosystems.com/products/s-tec-3100-digital-flight-control-system 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alfredo said:

i did transponder Garmin 325, Garmin audio pilot 325 and flight stream.

I have never heard of a Garmin 325 transponder. They make a GTX320, a GTX327, a GTX330, a GTX335 or a GTX345.

Also I've never heard of a Garmin 325 audio panel. The Garmin GMA340 is a common audio panel. It looks like that's what you have.

Very nice panel on your C model by the way.

• Like 2

Nice modern bird, Alfredo!

There is a thread around here regarding the new STEC device... you can see it coming.

To match the capability of your plane, Garmin has the GFC500.... But you will probably want the GFC600.

If waiting on BK... that can be a very long time....

There are threads covering these and at least two more...

Happy reading...

Best regards,

-a-

Probably worth the wait. Your STEC30 is worth about $10,000 trade in toward the 3100 which is flying in other brands now. M20 certification is in the queue.

https://genesys-aerosystems.com/products/s-tec-3100-digital-flight-control-system 

Trade in? I think you mean upgrade, ie you can reuse the servos.

Given it’s $25,000 vs GFC 500 $8000 3 servo configurations, I expect 99% will be upgrades from existing S-TEC APs. I would expect it’s installation to be much cheaper as well. S-TEC 30,50 control heads will become a dime a dozen.

Tom

2 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Trade in? I think you mean upgrade, ie you can reuse the servos.

Given it’s $25,000 vs GFC 500 $8000 3 servo configurations, I expect 99% will be upgrades from existing S-TEC APs. I would expect it’s installation to be much cheaper as well. S-TEC 30,50 control heads will become a dime a dozen.

Tom

I won't quibble about trade in vs. upgrade - Genesys calls it an upgrade - but I suppose the components not reused with the 3100 , e.g. the head, t&b?, go to Genesys and be off the market. But I guess I don't know that.