Sign in to follow this  
jgarrison

A-36 with Tornado Alley Normalizer

Recommended Posts

Guys and Girls,

Apologies in advance for the blasphemy...

I just took a nice Bonanza A-36 with a Turbo Normalizer on it on trade for a later model Mooney. My preference would now be to turn it back into a Mooney for inventory. If anyone is looking for a bump to six seats / large cabin door and wants to talk Mooney trade or if you know a Mooney owner that may want to make the move, can you send them my way?  

Thanks, Jimmy

jimmy@allamericanaircraft.com

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Call Neal Schwartz- he frequently is working with buyers looking for TN aircraft.  Market on them has been very strong lately.  9I4 - six two five- 5776

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely call Neal! Or put up your own ad on Beechtalk and it will likely disappear quickly.

I wish my budget would allow...I'd be bringing you a nice J this evening!

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil is a broker but he’s going to get a hefty fee by the time Jimmy gets done paying him I don’t see much left in it for him.  If that  plane is maintained properly and has good times it will sell itself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetdriven said:

Neil is a broker but he’s going to get a hefty fee by the time Jimmy gets done paying him I don’t see much left in it for him.  If that  plane is maintained properly and has good times it will sell itself

Where Neil is a buyers rep the buyer pays Neal's fee.  He does business straight up- nothing hidden.  He found my plane off market and brought it to me- he didn't try to buy the plane wholesale then mark it up to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No but I’m saying he’s gonna take 7 to 10% out of a $250,000 airplane which is quite a high price to pay for somebody who’s already broker and can do that themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetdriven said:

No but I’m saying he’s gonna take 7 to 10% out of a $250,000 airplane which is quite a high price to pay for somebody who’s already broker and can do that themselves

When it comes to Aviation there is a very short list of subjects where I know more than you do Byron- extremely short. You’re incorrect on this one.  I know his fees, and I know the value he provides for that fee.

I’m not saying Neal and Jimmy can get together on this deal, but saying it won’t work to have 2 brokers in a deal, because there are two brokers involved in a deal, Is wrong.  If Neal is working with a client looking for a TN A36 there’s a 90% chance Neal will call on it anyway- and I don’t expect he’ll ask the listing broker for a cut of the action.  He could have easily picked up a few on both sides of my purchase, but he didn’t. He plays it straight. Guess who gets my business when I sell?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jetdriven said:

No but I’m saying he’s gonna take 7 to 10% out of a $250,000 airplane which is quite a high price to pay for somebody who’s already broker and can do that themselves

As one that has used Neal to sell his airplane (and has bought one from Jimmy), the percent you quote is much higher than Neal charges. And I haven't met a single person that hasn't felt Neal was worth his fee and more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the advise. I will make some calls tomorrow. Since I own it, I am only interested in the bottom line. My preference is still to take a nice Mooney on trade, but, hey, cash is good.

This aircraft appears to be in very good shape, mechanically and cosmetically. 1979 model. Probably a 180-185K plane. 530W with GTX-345. Strikefinder. KFC-200. Good Paint. Two year old cloth interior. TT just over 5000. Engine about 950. Near zero oil consumption. All compressions over 70 (at Maxwell's yesterday). 

Again, thanks for giving me the ideas on Neal and BT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you list it yourself, simply search up ads on BT from Neal Schwartz and use one as a template. They get a ton of traffic over there, and you might even very lucky finding someone with a Mooney...

BTW, it seems you're helping a Bo owner with a Bravo and it is documented over there quite favorably.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jgarrison said:

Thanks for all the advise. I will make some calls tomorrow. Since I own it, I am only interested in the bottom line. My preference is still to take a nice Mooney on trade, but, hey, cash is good.

This aircraft appears to be in very good shape, mechanically and cosmetically. 1979 model. Probably a 180-185K plane. 530W with GTX-345. Strikefinder. KFC-200. Good Paint. Two year old cloth interior. TT just over 5000. Engine about 950. Near zero oil consumption. All compressions over 70 (at Maxwell's yesterday). 

Again, thanks for giving me the ideas on Neal and BT.

Which TN system does it have?  If it’s a tornado alley- hopefully it’s at least a whirlwind II. If it’s the old flitecraft system or a Western Skyways turbo they sell at a significant discount to Tornado Alley.

Tip tanks?  Onboard oxygen? Air conditioning?  If it’s a 4000 lb gross weight airplane (or if it’s eligible with a small cost of paperwork) I bet it’s a 1400+ useful load airplane.

If anything needs to be fixed I just did a gut job on my panel- have parts including a complete KFC200. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every now and then an MSer runs out of back seats...

Its probably been a few months since Somebody was looking for recommendations for their next plane.

Some Os were blessed with a fifth seat, bench style... not a long term solution with how quickly kids grow...

 

Other MSers graduate on to turbines...

 

What is the best way to put a link up on BT..?

We have a few MSers that are residents of BT as well.

There May be an avenue for a proper introduction of AAA for the purpose of exposing a great plane to their great community...

How many ways could that go awry?

Jimmy, have you listed the A36 on controller yet?

If you have the word is probably starting to circulate already... BT is a pretty big group...

Best regards,

-a-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KSMooniac said:

If you list it yourself, simply search up

ads on BT from Neal Schwartz and use one as a template. They get a ton of traffic over there, and you might even very lucky finding someone with a Mooney...

BTW, it seems you're helping a Bo owner with a Bravo and it is documented over there quite favorably.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
 

Thanks. I will go over there today and take a look!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, carusoam said:

What is the best way to put a link up on BT..?

We have a few MSers that are residents of BT as well.

There May be an avenue for a proper introduction of AAA for the purpose of exposing a great plane to their great community...

How many ways could that go awry?

Jimmy, have you listed the A36 on controller yet?

If you have the word is probably starting to circulate already... BT is a pretty big group...

Best regards,

-a-

I have not listed it yet. Have a few inquiries based on this posting. I don't even have a spec sheet completed on it yet. I need to figure out what I have first then I will start the process in earnest. You guys have been a big help so far.  Thanks to all!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this