Fly-In Sat 1/12 - Leesburg KLEE

fantom

From David: Dear Mooney Enthusiast,

At the risk of understatement I will say our last lunch was interesting.  I discovered about 9 AM that the restaurant at Punta Gorda was closed even though we had a reservation.  Luckily Chet & Patty Parham who live in Punta Gorda found us a downtown restaurant and provided two cars to drive us.  Fred & Lois Goldman from Sarasota and Joe Llama from Fort Myers also showed up with vehicles and provided transportation for all 22 people that showed up.  The only problem driving from the airport to the restaurant were the closed roads for the parade……..  When we got back to the airport things went smoothly except for one Mooney with a dead battery.  The FBO insisted that they could not help in any way.  One of our members had a relative who drove in and took the pilot to Walmart to buy jumper cables and then used their car to get him going.  So, all is well that ends well.  I do want to thank everyone who jumped in at the last minute and helped make this a successful event.

Our next event will be this Saturday, December  January12, at the EAA Hanger at Leesburg (LEE).  EAA Chapter 534 will cook us hamburgers and hot dogs.  After lunch we will car pool everyone that is interested to our house to see Ruth’s Garden Railroad running. This G gauge layout has 1,000 feet of track in 4 loops.

All events start at 11:30.

Please check your e-mail before attending as sometimes I make last minute changes for various reasons.

Future Schedule

January 12, 2019. Leesburg (LEE)    EAA Chapter 534 will cook us hamburgers and hot dogs in their hanger, then after lunch we will car pool     anyone interested to our house to see Ruth’s Garden Railroad.  Weather permitting we will probably run around 6 trains on the approximately 1,000 linear feet of track.
February 9, Fort Pierce (FPR) Tiki Restaurant
March 9, Winter Haven (GIF).
April 13, Flagler (FIN)

I really appreciate it if you can e-mail (daveanruth@aol.com) me by Thursday night of the week of the event and let me know if you are going to try to make it, so I can call the restaurant on Friday with a head count.  No one is obligated to come if they told me they are coming and can’t make it for mechanical, weather, health, or any other reason.

Hope to see you soon,

Dave and Ruth

• 4 weeks later...