Going dual G5 questions.

Current set up is 430W and 330ES.  If I read the install manual correctly, all of the ARINC connections from the 430 to the 330 have to go away.  The 330 currently satisfies ADSB out.  It seems this will continue to work fine as the connection required is RS-232, which is all set.  Is that correct?

Next question.  In most installs of dual G5 you can eliminate the vacuum pump.  Unfortunately, I have vacuum operated speed brakes, so I'll have to retain the pump.  Without any vacuum instruments to connect to, how do you accomplish routing the vacuum lines for this?  I need to connect to the suction gauge as well.  Thoughts on routing?

19 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I also have a vacuum pump for the sole purpose of speed brakes. No idea about the routing though. The avionics shop took care of it. I do know they pulled all the lines out from behind the panel.

Same here. My plane went in for avionics work and magically came out without a need for a vacuum pump for the panel.:D

I had a post somewhere in my original DIY install thread about the vacuum like rerouting. I used a barb and a cap.  However the lines themselves needed to be rerouted.  I’ll see if I can dig it up.  

I’ll also dig up my excel sheet with the pin-out for the 430W/330ES/dual G5’s and Send it to you.  

Brad

here is my G5 diy thread ... this post has the description of the need to reroute the Vacuum  connections   

and here is my diagram of / question about the vacuum system 

• Like 1