Must read Weather

Danb

I recently received my copy of our very own Scott Dennstaedt’s PILOT WEATHER  solo to airlines, it’s turning out to be a tremendous weather book, I may have the best weather tool for pilots, a must read, four decades of flying and finally a complete source for pilots, my new favorite Christmas present to myself 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree Dan.  I got my copy in November and am very impressed. I wish it was around when I did my previous licensing as it is more complete than the other weather standards out there.

The fact that it was signed by Doug makes it even better!

iain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weather?  LOL....speaking as a cargo pilot unless some visibility issues dealing with legalities or a tornado you're going anyway... if you do not at least attempt to go at my company they start with a termination hearing and that is where you may prove your case...and it better be strong

They got away at a NTSB hearing with saying there is no weather at night.  No-one in FAA or NTSB authority questioned it because .....well its a pay to play govt.  Yes that right the NTSB is not even immune....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

Weather?  LOL....speaking as a cargo pilot unless some visibility issues dealing with legalities or a tornado you're going anyway... if you do not at least attempt to go at my company they start with a termination hearing and that is where you may prove your case...

We’ve had a couple dozen pilots buy the book  who fly for the airlines. Doesn’t mean if you are a professional pilot you can’t learn about weather to make better decisions in flight. 

3 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

Weather?  LOL....speaking as a cargo pilot unless some visibility issues dealing with legalities or a tornado you're going anyway... if you do not at least attempt to go at my company they start with a termination hearing and that is where you may prove your case...and it better be strong

They got away at a NTSB hearing with saying there is no weather at night.  No-one in FAA or NTSB authority questioned it because .....well its a pay to play govt.  Yes that right the NTSB is not even immune....

Maybe they need the book...lol.  I’m curious, what kind of machine do you fly at work that you can’t fly in a tornado?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, scottd said:

There’s no eBook available yet. Only soft cover. Possibly by the end of the year. Good podcast about the book released recently on Aviation News Talk. 

Scott,

when you do a kindle version, please do a “true” kindle ebook, and not a pdf/image upload.  I’ve bought a couple (Mike Busch’s engines book for example) that were pdf or image uploads from the print version.  The resulting print was so small and not resizable on the kindle, that I had to revert to the iPad.  The book was otherwise excellent, but the delivery frustrating.

-dan

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, exM20K said:

Scott,

when you do a kindle version, please do a “true” kindle ebook, and not a pdf/image upload.  I’ve bought a couple (Mike Busch’s engines book for example) that were pdf or image uploads from the print version.  The resulting print was so small and not resizable on the kindle, that I had to revert to the iPad.  The book was otherwise excellent, but the delivery frustrating.

-dan

That's what we are working to do Dan.  It's pretty costly given all of the "conversions" that need to occur to get it right.  It'll be converted to Kindle and ePub (One ePUB file will work on Apple iBooks, Barnes & Noble eBook Reader, Kobo Reader, Google).

• Like 1