Landing Gear Shock Disks Source?

R.May

Letter back from Univair...

Similar result, and another contact made...

Hello A,

I asked the other sales reps and they recommended trying to contact different owners clubs and see what they're using. We are not going to stock this part and we don't have a direct supplier for rubber molded parts. Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Thanks,
Brycen 
Univair Aircraft Corporation

I have a NOS set of donuts plus one.  If anybody gets motivated and plans on gearing up to make these, let me know and I’ll let you borrow my spare for the dimensions, ect. Better yet, buy my Mite Project and get the whole set. I’m also in the process of parting out a NOS A-65-12F is anybody is serious about a -12 case. Try me at flyncair@gmail.com if your interested in cloning the donuts, the project, the engine, or a the whole thing. This is Paul Workman’s Mite Project. 

Karl 

40EF43AE-35A2-4687-89A4-84A86DF7E8B1.jpeg

87529657-4C6A-4FB7-922C-E172F6D30693.jpeg

1D574B61-3BF0-4AA1-A34C-73B4DBC574B7.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

An invite for @Gert

Gert is a rubber donut manufacturer in SA...

Familiar with the manufacturing of aviation rubber donuts...

Gert let me know if you have seen this thread...

This is a real need for many people that don’t have rubber parts for their Mooneys...

Best regards,

-a-

On 5/1/2020 at 5:18 AM, carusoam said:

An invite for @Gert

Gert is a rubber donut manufacturer in SA...

Familiar with the manufacturing of aviation rubber donuts...

Gert let me know if you have seen this thread...

This is a real need for many people that don’t have rubber parts for their Mooneys...

Best regards,

-a-

Hi Carusoam

It certainly looks like something I can manufacture. Karl, if you read this. Could you lend me a new rubber mount for measurements and if you have an old one for destructive testing? It will be fantastic if I can manufacture these for Mooney Mite owners and extend the lives of these wonderful little birds.

Blue skies

Gert

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In the middle of doing five Mooneys  C,E, F and G. A note to remember is there can be a plate cover over the top of the collar which prevents getting PB blaster down on the collar.  We had to soak one for a day to get the disk off.  1968 that had never been changed thank goodness it has bladder tanks.  Best price on disk was from Spruce with tool rental from Lasar.  Both great folks to work with.  Soak the crap out off the bolts before you attempt this job. I think I realize why mechanics don’t change them. Kind of like the oil suction screen operation. All have a great day and fly safely.

• 11 months later...
On 1/17/2019 at 12:16 PM, GEE-BEE AEROPRODUCTS said:

Those are easy to do,  i will need a sample

I suggest epdm rubber

70 shore

Molding has mold cost , etc

min run 100/250/500

Iam doing a batch of flurosilicone fuel caps now / 40 duro

Early beech

Late last year I bought a NOS set of six.  What would it take to make a mold?  

Clarence

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All!

I do precision rubber molding and consulting in the NE Ohio area. I have spoken to a couple of you in this thread about the possibility of making this part.

I need an unused part to do non-destructive dimensioning and hardness testing and I need one used part to do material ID and part construction (destructive testing). All parts will be returned when testing is completed.  I spoke with @M20Doc about making this part about a year ago and at the time he had other projects he was working on. 

If you have a part that you are willing to send me, send me a DM to discuss details.

45 minutes ago, gummirat said:

Hello All!

I do precision rubber molding and consulting in the NE Ohio area. I have spoken to a couple of you in this thread about the possibility of making this part.

I need an unused part to do non-destructive dimensioning and hardness testing and I need one used part to do material ID and part construction (destructive testing). All parts will be returned when testing is completed.  I spoke with @M20Doc about making this part about a year ago and at the time he had other projects he was working on. 

If you have a part that you are willing to send me, send me a DM to discuss details.

I have old ones from my project and 6 NOS ones that I paid dearly to get, so I’m a little reluctant to let them get out of my grip.  Is there a way to get you the info you need from the new ones?

Clarence 

15 hours ago, M20Doc said:

I have old ones from my project and 6 NOS ones that I paid dearly to get, so I’m a little reluctant to let them get out of my grip.  Is there a way to get you the info you need from the new ones?

Clarence 

Hi Clarence, 

I sent you an email about this along with my contact information. I would like to discuss this further with you, please contact me at your earliest convenience

On 4/15/2022 at 8:08 PM, gummirat said:

Hello All!

Hello Gummi

Are you familiar with the Brittain autopilot diaphragm style servos?  Do you have the ability to mold things that thin?  Don’t want to hijack the thread but can discuss via PM or email. Seems to be a few week links related to rubber parts on Mooneys. 

Hi All hope you had a good holiday.

Carusoam: I do prototype and small runs of parts that the larger companies don't want to do. I also consult and design. No web site just word of mouth. I work with a PMA holder on some seals and diaphragms. I also do seals for the chemical and off road market.

Takair: will send dm with contact information. Thanks Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...