How many things made you cringe in this video?

I’m not a cfi so maybe I’m speaking out of line....I’ll just say I tried but couldn’t watch more than a few minutes of this one.

How many issues do you see?

How far into the video did you watch before stopping?

Edited by Culver LFA
Not sure why the font size is all messed up, doing this on my phone and can’t find a way to change it.
  • Confused 1

I watched about half of it, it didn't really seem inappropriate for a new owner with an instrument rating transitioning into his new airplane.

I didn't particularly like the comment, "we're still making voltage, I'll keep an eye on it."

Like Jim, I didn't particularly like seeing them climb out at Vy or teaching the old wives tale of "oversquare", but those are techniques that the new owner will have to work out on his own, maybe by coming to MooneySpace.

What did you see that you considered cringe worthy or egregious?

• Like 1

I didn't see anything unusual for an inexperienced transition pilot and an inexperienced transition instructor. It's rare to find an instructor that actually knows Mooneys so you just gotta make do with what you can get to meet insurance requirements and then learn on your own from the Mooney community. Although you gotta be careful because there's some nutty stuff going around the Mooney community at times as well!

• Like 2

On 1/2/2019 at 7:47 AM, Culver LFA said:

I’m not a cfi so maybe I’m speaking out of line....I’ll just say I tried but couldn’t watch more than a few minutes of this one.

How many issues do you see?

How far into the video did you watch before stopping?

I understand this isn't a good representation of what a normal flight is, but this isn't a normal flight either. as the title states it's his first flight. I remember my first flight consisted of me flying from Kenosha, WI to Orange county, CA over 2 days, and on a fuel stop in Albuquerque, my final speed was 100knots and I overshot all 6000ft of the runway. some of the first flights with my instructor I forgot to raise the flaps or gear on the first 10 hours of dual. This guy is far from proficient in that aircraft, but then again, by the looks of it, no time in an aircraft with a constant speed prop or retracts. How about instead of seeing whats wrong with this guys flying on the first lesson, we take a look at the next flights he possibly could post, and see how he improves.

I'm just saying, you don't scream at a 3 year old because he cant ride a bike without training wheels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Niko182 said:

I understand this isn't a good representation of what a normal flight is, but this isn't a normal flight either. as the title states it's his first flight. I remember my first flight consisted of me flying from Kenosha, WI to Orange county, CA over 2 days, and on a fuel stop in Albuquerque, my final speed was 100knots and I overshot all 6000ft of the runway. some of the first flights with my instructor I forgot to raise the flaps or gear on the first 10 hours of dual. This guy is far from proficient in that aircraft, but then again, by the looks of it, no time in an aircraft with a constant speed prop or retracts. How about instead of seeing whats wrong with this guys flying on the first lesson, we take a look at the next flights he possibly could post, and see how he improves.

I'm just saying, you don't scream at a 3 year old because he cant ride a bike without training wheels.

Pretty sure the reference was to the instructor not the student.