PLB-200 Portable GPS ELT For Sale, $150 incl shipping

For sale, PLB-200 AeroFix 406 w/GPS.  Price: $150 including FedEx economy Air shipping.  This unit will acquire your GPS position and transmit along with your personalized identifier code through the SARSAT satellites instantly alerting SAR forces that you need help, immediately!  I paid $575 for the ELT.  

This unit was completely re-certified at an FAA approved repair station in October 2017 and comes with a recent FAA 8130-3 Form for the inspection.  They replaced the battery as part of the service.  Battery Expiration: 04/2023.  The cost of this service was $178.66 at Corporate Air Parts, Inc, Van Nuys, CA.   The battery is good for 6 years, so basically you should get the unit recertified every 6 years that will cost about $178 at today's cost.  You may be able to find the recert. cheaper someplace else.  

The unit is the old style, so it's bigger than the newer palm-sized units.  The unit measures 1.74 x 5.71 x 3.03 inches.  Power is 5 watts, Operational Life is in excess of 24 hours.  It also floats if dropped in water.  Transmits 406mhz and 121.5 mhz.  Provides rescue agencies with your exact position within 110 yards.  Comes with the manual and associated recertification paperwork, 8130 Form etc.  

I'm selling it because when I bought my ELT-1000 at Oshkosh for the plane, it came with a free personal handheld ELT, and I don't need two of them.  This unit is in excellent condition.  

Shipping is free in the Continental USA via economy FedEx Air.  

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG