Passenger Seat in M20G Rolls back without stoppage

Just noticed this yesterday, if I roll the seat back, the stop seems to have disappeared. Is this a simple pin somewhere? I can still lock it in place when moving it forward, but it just keeps moving back on the tracks until hitting the back seat behind it, no stop anymore. Ideas? Simple fix?

There is supposed to be a locking pin that drops into the holes. I suspect it is either stuck up or broken off. Check how the pilot side works and you should be able to see it.

You should have a cotter pin in the rail as well to prevent it from going all the way back. That missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

There is supposed to be a locking pin that drops into the holes. I suspect it is either stuck up or broken off. Check how the pilot side works and you should be able to see it.

You should have a cotter pin in the rail as well to prevent it from going all the way back. That missing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think that's it. I found something that looks like a locking pin on the backseat floor after my flight a few days ago, I suspect it broke off. Thanks!

Often...

1) dirt has filled the holes...

2) Something is getting in the way of the spring powered pin operation...

3) there are two pins, not just one...

4) 50 years has allowed enough time for a double failure....

5) Pins in the side, make a great plan B.

Now is a good time to remove the seats from the track to see what is going on under there.

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1