Removing the Governor (Not a politcal thread)

bob865

• 3 weeks later...

If you place a floor jack under the tail stand and a chain (put the chain through a vynal or rubber hose) around the prop shaft up front to support the motor, removing the top two motor mount bolts  (on the firewall) will allow the engine to rotate forward (down) giving greater access to the accessories on the back of the motor.  It is really an easy thing to do and will allow easier removal of the prop governor.  This is why there is the small block on the lower two engine mount attachment points.

Edited by M20C
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M20C said:

If you place a floor jack under the tail stand and a chain (put the chain through a vynal or rubber hose) around the prop shaft up front to support the motor, removing the top two motor mount bolts  (on the firewall) will allow the engine to rotate forward (down) giving greater access to the accessories on the back of the motor.  It is really an easy thing to do and will allow easier removal of the prop governor.  This is why there is the small block on the lower two engine mount attachment points.

This is what i was going to suggest. I used this method when reinstalling my engine and installing the engine monitor. I could jack up the engine to see how lines fit, jack it back down to move it out of the way, do the work, put it back up to check clearances, rinse and repeat. 

• 2 weeks later...