2018 Hours

Seth

What is your TT for 2018?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours did you fly in 2018?

• 0-49
    • 50-99
    • 100-199
    • 200-299
    • 300+
  2. 2. How many hours did you fly in a Mooney?

• 0-49
    • 50-99
    • 100-199
    • 200-299
    • 300+

237 hours so far this year.  All of it was in the Meridian and all of it was personal travel.   Got about 3 or 4 more hours planned before the flip to 2019.   

Bradb

2006 Meridian N951TB

former Acclaim. 

Edited by BradB
  • Like 4

On 1/1/2019 at 12:33 PM, Skates97 said:

106.4 hours, including my first time ever in a Cessna. That was just under two hours flying around Maui, Lanai, and Molokai. Checked Hawaii off the list of states. 

I did that in 2006!!!!  

-Seth

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 12:58 PM, Immelman said:

700+ in the Airbus.

Not nearly as many in the Mooney. Hopefully more in 2019.... having a 1-year old limits GA flying, though we did take her on her first airplane campout prior to 1-year birthday.

Yes - having small kids limits time available.  I have a 1 and 3 year old.  My flying dropped considerably the last few years.

-Seth

• Like 1

Yes - having small kids limits time available.  I have a 1 and 3 year old.  My flying dropped considerably the last few years.
-Seth

At nine months old my baby girl asks me everyday if we can go flying again. At least that’s what I tell her mommy:)
6d9b167b7765eb8f3b9b6a90b203d6d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry to derail the topic, but what kind of car seat do you guys have that might fit a bigger baby and face rearward? 18 months old.

My issue with taking her flying is that the 'big baby' car seat we have is just too big for the Mooney. The infant seat, she is almost grown out of, fits in the rear seat passenger side... just barely.... but her head is now too big go wear hearing protection and fit into that seat.

Of course I'd love her to face forward and enjoy the experience more, but that is probably another 6+ months off.... the risk is low, but the consequences high if something were to happen and she face forward now.

All it takes is a little 25-pound kid to realize just how small our Mooneys are (Sorry, its true).

Edited by Immelman
  • Like 1

Sorry to derail the topic, but what kind of car seat do you guys have that might fit a bigger baby and face rearward? 18 months old.
My issue with taking her flying is that the 'big baby' car seat we have is just too big for the Mooney. The infant seat, she is almost grown out of, fits in the rear seat passenger side... just barely.... but her head is now too big go wear hearing protection and fit into that seat.
Of course I'd love her to face forward and enjoy the experience more, but that is probably another 6+ months off.... the risk is low, but the consequences high if something were to happen and she face forward now.
All it takes is a little 25-pound kid to realize just how small our Mooneys are (Sorry, its true).

When you find one let me know, I’ll be there sooner than later.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, xcrmckenna said:

When you find one let me know, I’ll be there sooner than later.

@xcrmckenna and @Immelman don’t go too far on the rear facing car seat thing.  Look at the data  and the situation that you are in.   

https://carseatblog.com/43048/everything-we-thought-we-knew-about-rear-facing-is-being-questioned/

recently retracted article:

F863E44D-9785-41B5-B617-C40815CE06C9.thumb.png.811eb24968c848377b3f901952d89600.png

I’m not advocating one vs. the other.  But look at real world risks vs. benefits and decide what is best for you.   

I will add the usual disclaimer. 

Just a low time private pilot and Neurosurgeon.

Not a mechanic, professional pilot, or medical professional.

Sorry to continue the off topic conversation.   But a useful lesson to evaluate and look at the data for yourself.   Dont’t expect cars to = airplanes.   Think about the forces, the dangers, and the differences - and talk to your doctor if you have questions.   I’m  happy to share my experiences as a parent if you have questions.

Bradb.

Edited by BradB
  • Like 1

Car seats and Mooneys...

We have a thread on that...

We also have covered the ear protection topic too...

We got our first Mooney when my girl was born.  Now she is 19 and gone to college...

Go MS...

Time flys by at Mooney speeds...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Car seats and Mooneys...

We have a thread on that...

We also have covered the ear protection topic too...

We got our first Mooney when my girl was born.  Now she is 19 and gone to college...

Go MS...

Time flys by at Mooney speeds...

Best regards,

-a-

time does fly!   When I fly with my daughter, all I get to do is push buttons.

1CB4270C-C1E4-47B0-A377-A69267AAF144.thumb.jpeg.c7b3bd530a3826ecb55cae12ced59134.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you guys for that blog post.

Back to the topic at hand, when the car seat thing is no longer an issue we WILL be doing some good flying together and upping those Mooney hours. Stopping at 1 kid, because otherwise I'd have to get a 6 seat airplane....

Edited by Immelman
  • Like 3

On 1/3/2019 at 10:23 PM, Immelman said:

Thank you guys for that blog post.

Back to the topic at hand, when the car seat thing is no longer an issue we WILL be doing some good flying together and upping those Mooney hours. Stopping at 1 kid, because otherwise I'd have to get a 6 seat airplane....

That may be a topic for me if we have another kid.

-Seth

69.1 TT in 2018, most of it in Warriors and Archers.

Passed PPL checkride in September

1.1 in an M20J (dual received)

0.3 in a CRUZ

0.3 in a C172

But by the time I took my checkride I had time in an SR20, C172, CRUZ, AA5B, M20P, 8KCAB, and P28A.

Hopefully a lot more Mooney time this year.  :)

• Like 1