2018 Hours

Seth

What is your TT for 2018?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours did you fly in 2018?

• 0-49
    • 50-99
    • 100-199
    • 200-299
    • 300+
  2. 2. How many hours did you fly in a Mooney?

• 0-49
    • 50-99
    • 100-199
    • 200-299
    • 300+

How much did you fly in 2018?  How much in your Mooney?  What other aircraft?  We want to hear?

96 in my Mooney Missile

105 total in Mooneys

176 Total, with a mix of Cirrus SR20/SR22/SR22T G3, G5, G6/Bonanza/RV/Saratoga

I also flew some unloggable twin time - need to get that multi rating!!

-Seth

• Like 1

183.4 total hours so far for 2018. Probably another 1-5 by the end of the year depending on if I fly this weekend.

131.1 in the Baron

52.3 in single engine airplanes almost all of which was Mooney time

38.1 hours instructing

• Like 3

226 hours in the Mooney... so far. We're away from home with the Mooney and won't be home until next year. So we expect to add a few more hours before we're done.

Also 291,431 miles as a United passenger... but those can't be logged so they don't count.

• Like 7

I did the majority of my flying this summer logging about 125 hours this year, near 100+ vacationing this summer unfortunately most were long range, I had minimal low IFR approaches therefore time for IFR practice before next flying season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kpaul said:

75 in my Mooney (only 8 months of flying - I was out of town and then moving Dec 17-Apr 18)

330 in Beech 400

How do you like the Beech 400?  I hear they are pursuing a single pilot waiver or something like that for the Nextant remanufactured veraion.

-Seth

3 minutes ago, Seth said:

How do you like the Beech 400?  I hear they are pursuing a single pilot waiver or something like that for the Nextant remanufactured veraion.

-Seth

It kind of flies like a dump truck.  It's very heavy on the controls due to it only having spoilers, no ailerons.  Although to be fair, we don't really fly it the way most folks do.  Lots of VFR patterns with 80 hr students along with instrument training, formation, and low levels.   It cruises around pretty well.  We flight plan for about 360KTAS and 1200lbs/hr.  Our version does not have thrust reverse either so TOLD can be a challenge to meet on hot days.

Single pilot is easily doable in it, as it is all the CBs are on the pilot side.  Just would need to move the oxygen controls and a couple of gauges into the pilots field of view and it would be good to go.  Also maybe move the gear handle further left.  Oh, and most days I am single pilot as it is, only from the right seat.  Students tend to come up with some interesting ways to not be present during the flights.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seth said:

That’s a lot in the last 90!!

Had the momentum coming off the new Instrument rating and going into the Commercial. Plus down to FL and back, NC and back, VA/WVA and back, NJ and back (back is MA) and all over the Northeast frequently. :blink:

• Like 2

I need to add up the book - but its right about just over 100 hrs for 2018.  But I didn't really start flying this year until around April since plane was in paint through the winter.  Other than 2 days in a C172.  Plus these planes are fast...which cuts down the number of hours eh?

• Like 1

Mooney - 23 hours due to medical issues.

ATR72-600 - 120 hours also due to medical issues.

Don't get old. :(

On 12/26/2018 at 1:19 PM, kpaul said:

It's very heavy on the controls due to it only having spoilers, no ailerons.

Beech 400 started life as the Mitsubishi Diamond.

The Mitsubishi MU-2 turboprop has the same - spoilers, no ailerons.

• Like 1