2019 Aviation Goals

Seth

20 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

WOW - so you did get that 135 job, and you are doing it.  Cool!

Yes - I’m addition to operating my own financial services firm, I also now fly for Open Air as a Charter Captain.  Its a part time position and I enjoy it.  They enjoy my flexible schedule.  Most aircraft are based at my home field, GAI, but there are some at Dulles Airport, IAD, Leesburg, JYO, and a few others.

www.FlyOpenAir.com

-Seth

Edited by Seth
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, skydvrboy said:

I have no where near the experience level of most on here, so my achievements were a bit less lofty.

2018: My goals at the start of the year were to take a vacation with the plane (Oshkosh), and to fly 100 hours (117.8).  Other accomplishments that weren't on the goal list: learned formation flying, joined Mooney Caravan to Oshkosh, set new CC distance record (496 NM), learned to change my own oil, got an AWESOME picture of my plane by the St. Louis Arch!

2019 Goals: 100+ hrs, IFR rating, Oshkosh/Caravan again, family vacation, new distance record, install engine monitor & ADS-B, mountain flying training, get a picture of @Junkman by the arch to return the favor!

I’ve been on here since I had about 200 hours in 2009 - closing in on 1500.  Plenty of people on here with more experience and glad you are here and flying.

-Seth

1 hour ago, Seth said:

Yes - I’m addition to operating my own financial services firm, I also now fly for Open Air as a Charter Captain.  Its a part time position and I enjoy it.  They enjoy my flexible schedule.  Most aircraft are based at my home field, GAI, but there are some at Dulles Airport, IAD, Leesburg, JYO, and a few others.

www.FlyOpenAir.com

-Seth

WOW - that's really neat!

3 hours ago, EricJ said:

I'm sure we can round up three more local Mooneys to inspect to meet your mininum.  ;)

I talked to the FAA principal inspector at last years IA renewal course. (I’ve renewed my IA for the last 5 years, too bad I don’t have one).

He said there is no limit on how many annuals you can do on an airplane in a year. You can do 4 annuals in a half an hour after you inspected it, on the same airplane. There is no rule against it and it would meet the Currency requirements. He also said I can submit a progressive maintianance plan for my Mooney. He said it would get approved. I could do the landing gear, wait three months, do the engine, wait three months, do the lube, then three months later inspect the airframe. There is no need to make a big deal out of it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I talked to the FAA principal inspector at last years IA renewal course. (I’ve renewed my IA for the last 5 years, too bad I don’t have one).

He said there is no limit on how many annuals you can do on an airplane in a year. You can do 4 annuals in a half an hour after you inspected it, on the same airplane. There is no rule against it and it would meet the Currency requirements. He also said I can submit a progressive maintianance plan for my Mooney. He said it would get approved. I could do the landing gear, wait three months, do the engine, wait three months, do the lube, then three months later inspect the airframe. There is no need to make a big deal out of it.

Perhaps, but that doesn't benefit me or your other local Mooney friends at all.  ;)

• Like 1

Finally permanently got my aircraft out of the avionics shop from hell.  I realize I've sat out two winters with this ship.  I wanted to do the IR in 2019, but the avionics have left me so tapped that I don't think it will happen this year.  Hopefully I'll do some sort of multiway trip with Mrs. Steingar, either west or south.  We'll see.

• Like 1

- got my CFI
- Flying Monkey’s Caravan formation training (element landings, what a fun rush!)
- Caravan into OSH
- started ME
- made a bunch of new friends!

- finish ME
- CFII
- finally attend Mooney Summit (3rd attempt, so it should finally happen, right?)
- Sun-n-fun
- Northern Plains Mooney Caravan Clinic
- +150 hrs on the tach
- meet more new friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2018 - Updated panel (Aspen, Alt. Pre-select, Audio panel, etc.)/Spent 5 months in shop due to parts availability & technician illness/started interior upgrade/flew way too little/Sun-n-Fun/Summit

2019 - Finish interior upgrade/fly to retirement home in Lakeland every other month/Sun-n-Fun/Summit/fly some more/replace shock disks and exhaust at annual (it's time)

• Like 1

For 2018- flew 110 Mooney hours, earned high performance endorsement and flight review in an A36

2019- get the IR, tail wheel endorsement, fly another 100 hours to amazing destinations

2020- pay of the house, fly another 100 hours, get some hours in a Cessna 195, maybe even buy one!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 2:12 PM, Sabremech said:

2019-  sell my Mooney and leave aircraft ownership. Starting our plan to transition towards retirement in 8-10 years and the airplane isn’t part of that plan. I still have access to another plane or two to continue flying. 

https://tenor.com/view/debbie-downer-sad-snl-skit-depressed-gif-4920592

• Get my PPL - success!
  • Pass the 100 hour mark - almost.  98.9
  • Don’t crash - success!
  • Research everything I can about buying and owning an aircraft - in progress, will never end

• Complex endorsement
  • ACQUIRE AN MSE
  • Complete Mooney transition
  • ADS-B compliance, if the airplane I get doesn’t have it
  • 75+ hrs
  • Visit family in Oregon and Arizona using my own airplane
  • Pass the instrument written
  • Begin instrument flight training
  • Don’t crash

Install Avadyne Skyview.    non big bang plan.   Start with ADSB out and Engine Monitor.  Leave the primary flight instruments in place.   2020 add second panel and replace primary flight instruments

started a bit of IFR ground training.

Finally finish commercial. Start an aviation themed wood ingraving and plastics company with a friend of mine. 

On that note- would there be any interests at Mooneyspace to buy a butcher block / cutting board with Mooney logo / Name and possibly a Mooney laser etched in it or other kind of wood art with Mooney themes ?

4 minutes ago, bill98 said:

Finally finish commercial. Start an aviation themed wood ingraving and plastics company with a friend of mine. 

On that note- would there be any interests at Mooneyspace to buy a butcher block / cutting board with Mooney logo / Name and possibly a Mooney laser etched in it or other kind of wood art with Mooney themes ?

Gonna need some pics with that...

Start a new thread...

there are some examples of MSers and their useable art... a spark plug holder comes to mind...

Best regards,

-a-

I think there may be a market for gift type items. Maybe do a survey listing all the specific things you can make. My wife got me this for Christmas.

402e6e876801c0fffa0b344ce18cf8de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I think there may be a market for gift type items. Maybe do a survey listing all the specific things you can make. My wife got me this for Christmas.

402e6e876801c0fffa0b344ce18cf8de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ooo I like that! It

would be similar stuff!