MERRY CHRISTMAS

Danb

Does Obi-Wan talk to you from that hologram too? 

Indeed. Especially this one that applies to both prospective and current airplane owners. I always thought it was related to the cost associated with owning an airplane.

“The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Indeed. Especially this one that applies to both prospective and current airplane owners. I always thought it was related to the cost associated with owning an airplane.

“The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe.”

Truth he speaks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve_B said:

Merry Christmas all.

Pretty new to the forum but learning a lot in a short amount of time thanks to all the contributors.

2019 is the year I acquire my first plane and most likely it will be a Mooney.

-Steve

New or not, good fortune to you in your plane search and, hopefully, joy of ownership. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fred_2O said:

Santa brought us our kids, and a new clock with lots of cool lagniappe for our bird.    The PC switch is unplugged because I'm making one of my sons fly.   Ho Ho Ho!

Hey Fred. That AV-20 looks a nice addition to your panel.

Merry Christmas.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mooney in Oz said:

Hey Fred. That AV-20 looks a nice addition to your panel.

Merry Christmas.

Thanks, mate.  We just returned from spending Christmas on Dauphin Island off the coast of Alabama near Mobile.  On that flight I found that the coolest thing about the AV-20-S is that because it is plumbed into the pitot-static system and has an OAT sensor, it computes true airspeed in real time.   I used to calculate it when I was curious and had time, which was not often, using the accessory on the Garmin 430W.  Having it on the panel in real time is really interesting because it can tell you something is "different" much more directly than indicated airspeed.

Happy New Years to all!

Fred

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Danb said:

Ah Humbug the heater in. my house just met it's end of life last night. I get a quote on a new heater tomorrow bullcrap, turned on the stove and heating blankets last night not to bad..

Sorry to hear that. Good luck. Stay warm. Three dog night?

• Like 1

Ah Humbug the heater in. my house just met it's end of life last night. I get a quote on a new heater tomorrow bullcrap, turned on the stove and heating blankets last night not to bad..

Isn’t that the way they always fail? I remember a few years ago my AC died over the 4th of July weekend and during our hottest heat wave of the year.

You have a fireplace? Fortunately the temps will be in the 50° range over the next few days.

• Like 2