Brakes fluid reservoir

Anyone with a M20F 1970 who can tell me where the freaking brakes fluid reservoir is located?

I have opened all the cowlings and the compartment where the battery is installed but I cannot see one.

I have checked the service manual but the book I have doesn't show the location. I have checked inside the cabin but I could not see it...it got to be somewhere!

Merry XMAS MSers!

• Like 1

Thanks! So it's inside the cabin...I need to remove the top instrument cover to check the level...wow! I do not see any inspection panels from the outside...

Yes it located inside the cabin, If you have the 201 windshield mod those access panels are removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, siu1526 said:

Yes it located inside the cabin, If you have the 201 windshield mod those access panels are removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have the SWTA 201 windshield mod, you still have smaller access panels.

David

• Like 3

If all the rubber hoses have been replaced...

Access is usually, an annual event.

If the rubber hoses (return lines) are ancient, they drip... waiting for annual leads to flaps not working before annual...

Then the leaks all get repaired.  :)

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

11 hours ago, Ragsf15e said:

I have 201 windshield, no access plates.  The fill tube/valve runs through the firewall and is easily accessible with top cowl off.

yep.  We bled my flaps. There is hose coming through the firewall. When they forced fluid from the bottom, it pushed fluid out the hose by the firewall.  

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 8:59 AM, rbridges said:

yep.  We bled my flaps. There is hose coming through the firewall. When they forced fluid from the bottom, it pushed fluid out the hose by the firewall.  

seems kind of defeatist to have a tubing with flammable liquids coming through the firewall.

Interesting.
My ‘70F has the 201 windshield and the brake fluid reservoir is on the engine side of the fire wall; easily accessible with the top cowling removed.  I just assumed that was the stock location until this thread.

I think someone was smart and moved it from its original location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, MikeOH said:

Interesting.

My ‘70F has the 201 windshield and the brake fluid reservoir is on the engine side of the fire wall; easily accessible with the top cowling removed.  I just assumed that was the stock location until this thread.

I flew a PA28-140 for a few years and the brakes fluid check was part of the pre-flight. The reservoir was easily accessible opening the cowling (I know...different shape, system, etc.). I never thought this was going to become such a big deal! I wish mine was were yours is but I'm afraid @Marauder is right: someone moved it. I guess I will just remove the top instrument panel cover and take a peak...

3 hours ago, FastTex said:

So we are talking about moving the reservoir to the engine side of the firewall...is there any space? Do you guys have it in the same exact position but opposite firewall location?

The ones I've seem leave the resivoir aft of the firewall and uses tubing to plumb the filler to the other side

I could see several concepts.  Inside:  You would still have brakes if you caught the engine on fire. One less hole in the firewall which is a goal.  But they make sealant to keep the fire out.  Outside:  Would probably need a DER to do it, though some of the Cs have it outside. Someone machined a very nice one.    Maybe think about using hard tubing for the direction you choose.   As long as there are no leaks, you don't have to access it for decades.  Although it is on the annual inspection.

Edited by Yetti