Carbon Monoxide Podast

DanM20C

A few days ago I was interviewed by Max Trescott for his Aviation News Talk podcast.  It's worth checking out if, unless you are one of the unfortunate ones that had to listen to me at the last 2 Mooney Summits:).  If you fall into that group you might want to skip it!

Max mentioned that the discounts were not active but he was mistaken.  They still work.

www.sensorcon.com          20% off      Code: aircraft2017

www.guardianavionics.com     20% off      Code: coaware

Link to the Aviation News Talk Podcast:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/aviation-news-talk-podcast/id1223782070&ls=1

or https://aviationnewstalk.com/

Cheers,

Dan

Edited by DanM20C
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dan, great talk on Max’s podcast. It was eye opening for me, and I will definitely get a portable CO monitor.  I took off once in a Cirrus with the a/c in recirc mode (a big no-no in the Cirrus), and 5 minutes into the flight got a CO warning from the built-in sensor.  Quite a surprise!

FWIW, I’m a regular funder of that podcast. Max and I are based at the same FBO (West Valley Flying Club in Palo Alto), and he checked me out in Cirrus aircraft. I listen to Aviation NewsTalk regularly (and recommend it). Max used to be a broadcaster for CBS and it shows in the quality of his podcast work. For those with iphones, there’s an app for it: search for Aviation NewsTalk.

Yours was a great and important episode. Thanks for doing it!

-chuck

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2018 at 10:52 AM, mike_elliott said:

Dan, I keep pestering you, you should do a TED talk.

Thanks Mike.  I still need a bit of polish before a TED talk. 

On 12/24/2018 at 3:09 PM, NeedSpeed said:

FWIW, I’m a regular funder of that podcast. Max and I are based at the same FBO (West Valley Flying Club in Palo Alto), and he checked me out in Cirrus aircraft. I listen to Aviation NewsTalk regularly (and recommend it). Max used to be a broadcaster for CBS and it shows in the quality of his podcast work. For those with iphones, there’s an app for it: search for Aviation NewsTalk.

Yours was a great and important episode. Thanks for doing it!

Thanks Chuck.  It was nice of Max to have me on.  I have been a listener of Aviation News Talk since the beginning.  It's a great podcast and Max is a great guy.  Now if we can figure out how to get him to jump ship over to Mooney:).

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DanM20C said:

Now if we can figure out how to get him to jump ship over to Mooney:).

I’d be happy for a Mooney to come back onto the line at West Valley. The club used to have a beautiful Bravo, N89FM. It’s the one I checked out in.

Max would bite hard and teach in one, at least if it has a G1000... But he is certainly deeply invested in the Cirrus line.

If anyone wants to lease one back to the club, I’m sure it would get at least one regular renter!

-chuck

Max will have to up his game, as the new Ultra Mooneys all have G1000NXI's now :), and Mooney has a fill and fly program designed to allow 4 people to get into one they could lease back to the club. Once Max flys one, he will have a hard time going back to the Cirrus unless he needs the back seat space or feels the need to pull the red handle.

In fact, Ill make sure he gets a demo ride in one if he is in the least bit interested.

@DanM20C @NeedSpeed, feel like asking him or putting him in touch with me?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Max will have to up his game, as the new Ultra Mooneys all have G1000NXI's now :), and Mooney has a fill and fly program designed to allow 4 people to get into one they could lease back to the club. Once Max flys one, he will have a hard time going back to the Cirrus unless he needs the back seat space or feels the need to pull the red handle.

In fact, Ill make sure he gets a demo ride in one if he is in the least bit interested.

@DanM20C @NeedSpeed, feel like asking him or putting him in touch with me?

Max teaches in at least one Cirrus at West Valley that has the NXI (A beautiful 2017 Cirrus, I fly it too). He may be open to promoting multiple brands - I’ll ask him. If you want to send me your contact info (privately is fine) I’ll connect him. 

In the mean time, I might be interested in the fill and fly program. May be the only way I can get a Mooney back on the line. You can reach out to me separately on this. Maybe Max and I can demo one at the same time!

But to Dan’s point, yes, he is now Vision Jet certified, so he’s very heavily committed to Cirrus.

-chuck

Edited by NeedSpeed
Original sounded negative, not my intent.