Sedona KSEZ Christmas week

Zulee

Probably a long shot, but I will be in Sedona Christmas week visiting family and wondering if anyone is based at KSEZ. 

I would love to experience flying off the mesa, especially in a Mooney. I would be more than willing to pay for fuel.

Thanks all

Rick

41 minutes ago, Zulee said:

Probably a long shot, but I will be in Sedona Christmas week visiting family and wondering if anyone is based at KSEZ. 

I would love to experience flying off the mesa, especially in a Mooney. I would be more than willing to pay for fuel.

Thanks all

Rick

Buy me lunch and I will fly up and take you for a ride.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Buy me lunch and I will fly up and take you for a ride.

Absolutely I will buy your lunch and you have no idea how much I appreciate the offer and Laurie may want to come with us if that's ok?  Let me know if I need to pack headsets and what day/time is convenient for you.

Thanks again, this is going to be incredible.

Rick

2 hours ago, Zulee said:

Absolutely I will buy your lunch and you have no idea how much I appreciate the offer and Laurie may want to come with us if that's ok?  Let me know if I need to pack headsets and what day/time is convenient for you.

Thanks again, this is going to be incredible.

Rick

Any time Saturday. Or Sunday. I’m committed to working Wednesday through Friday.

Your headsets are probably better than my guest headsets.

Edited by N201MKTurbo

My wife and I will be stopping in Sedona at the airport for lunch at the Mesa Grill tomorrow, the 24th. You'd be welcome to join us for lunch and a discussion of Mooneys. I'd be happy to give you a lap around the pattern but I left the back seats at home. One of the things our dog loves about the 252 is the flat carpeted floor when the seats come out. And at 13 lbs a piece, I don't mine the added UL.

1 hour ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Any time Saturday. Or Sunday. I’m committed to working Wednesday through Friday.

1 hour ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Unfortunately we depart PHX Friday night at 7, so the weekend is not going to work.

Maybe next time and thanks so much for the offer.  And if you are ever in the St. Louis area give me a shout. We can fly the Mississippi and maybe a pass or two past the Arch...it’s a pretty nice view. 

Hopefully my J will be out of the avionics shop by the end of January. 

21 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

My wife and I will be stopping in Sedona at the airport for lunch at the Mesa Grill tomorrow, the 24th. You'd be welcome to join us for lunch and a discussion of Mooneys. I'd be happy to give you a lap around the pattern but I left the back seats at home. One of the things our dog loves about the 252 is the flat carpeted floor when the seats come out. And at 13 lbs a piece, I don't mine the added UL.

We land PHX around 9:45 local tomorrow and then a two hour jaunt to Sedona.  May be cutting it a little close to make lunch and I always like to talk Mooney’s. Especially when you consider my bird is in the shop updating the panel very close to what you did, we would definitely have stuff to yak about  

I should have done a better job getting something posted sooner. 

Thanks for the offer and if we happen to pick up an interstate tailwind getting to Sedona I will post and see if you are still at Mesa. 

Best,

Rick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zulee said:

Unfortunately we depart PHX Friday night at 7, so the weekend is not going to work.

Maybe next time and thanks so much for the offer.  And if you are ever in the St. Louis area give me a shout. We can fly the Mississippi and maybe a pass or two past the Arch...it’s a pretty nice view. 

Hopefully my J will be out of the avionics shop by the end of January. 

Too bad. Sorry it won’t work out.

Done the arch thing. ATC made me promise that I wouldn’t fly through it. Flying down the Mississippi at night is crazy the lights from the barges look like aliens.wanting to land....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 231LV said:

I live here and have my 231 sitting in the hangar looking for a reason to fly...home now from a trip so if you are game, call me 925 989 0998 and we can do a Grand Canyon flight seeing tour

We have had so much family and stuff going on I just read your message. I will call you tomorrow and we can determine if Mother Nature will cooperate. 

Thanks a bunch for the offer and I look forward to connecting with you. 

Rick