A good day ends badly in El Paso

jcovington

My wife and I left early on Monday morning for the 4.5 hour drive from Huntsville, AL to Wynne, AR. We arrived about 10:30 and met Cody  at his shop. I expected to drop the prop off and come back a week later to pick it up. Cody surprised me by saying he had cleared the schedule for the day and would turn the prop around that day for us if we had the time. I was blown away. What outstanding customer service.

Cody's guys unloaded the prop and took it to the back of the shop where it was disassembled. He was happy to have me watch the work which gave me a lot of confidence in what was going on. After about an hour long inspection of the prop Cody determined that it could be repaired. Cody was kind and kept his comments mostly to himself. I can say I was not impressed with the condition of the prop after being overhauled 190 hours previously. Lots of rust, stuck bearings, bearings that had run dry from lack of grease and very thinned out grease. Maybe that is what 190 hours of use does to a prop but I doubt it.

Cody sent us to lunch and offered to let us watch the reassembly if we wanted. At 2:30 the prop was completed and we headed home. Made for a long day but I was so happy not to have to make another 9 hours round trip drive. Reminded me of why I would much rather fly than drive.

Yesterday, the local mechanics remounted the prop. I was able to run up the engine and cycle the prop. Everything sounded and felt good. I will fly it this weekend when we get our two days of dry weather before the rains return to Alabama.

I was impressed by the professionalism of @Cody Stallings and his team. They went above and beyond to get our prop fixed. Much appreciated.

Jim

20200226_092456.jpg

20200226_090821.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4