Updates to CirrusReports (FlightData.com)

All,
    We have recently expanded our engine monitoring / flight data website (available at FlightData.com or CirrusReports.com) to include many additional log formats and aircraft types. The site now officially supports full data output from:
  1. Cirrus (or other aircraft) with Avidyne IFD 400/500 units
  2. Cirrus (or other aircraft) with the latest version of Avidyne R9
  3. Cessna 172/182/206 with G-1000
  4. Diamond DA40, DA42, DA62 with G-1000
  5. TBM 850/900/910/930 with G-1000 or G-3000 (including ECTM data cataloging and submissions)
  6. Citation Mustang (including ECTM data cataloging and submissions)
  7. Piper Meridian / Matrix / Mirage with G-1000 or G-3000
  8. Eclipse 500 (including ECTM data cataloging and submissions)
    We are looking to add support for additional aircraft and log formats. If you would like to see support for your aircraft, please email us at atc@flightdata.com (we may need some sample data from your aircraft). As always, the site is completely free.

Thank you for your support!
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. To get customized graphs for your aircraft all we reall need is a data log file and the type of avionics it’s coming from. The site is really helpful for dailing in engine set up, troubleshooting and frankly over the long run it will provide a historical pedigree of how your engine has been operated which will be awesome when it comes time to sell. 

• 5 weeks later...

We have yet to receive any log files from Mooney operators. If you are interested in learning more check out the sample log data uploaded from operators of other supporter aircraft types here:  https://flightdata.com/shared.php

Having tracked your engine data will go a long way when it come time to sell and it’s free. 

Let me me know if you have any questions. 

Gavin,

Start with a title edit... nothing less inviting sounding to a Mooney pilot than ‘Cirrus Reports’...

There are many reasons to compare to Cirri... use caution when using this for a marketing statement.  It can be easily misinterpreted...

It may also help to demonstrate your Mooney data... on the site...

Some pretty old JPI units have been collecting GPS, FF, and engine data for decades already... some just haven’t been connected together...

It seems some privacy is good sometimes... i’m Not sure when I want all of my whereabouts available to be seen by my competitors while I travel for business...

Without good Mooney examples, it seems that I may need a $50-100k panel to be able to use the flightdata website...

It seems like there are a few roadblocks in the way for me to try the site...

PP thoughts only, not a data maven...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks for the feedback. I included the old name as many people are aware of the name... it had something close to 5000 users before we changed the name and only about 60% were cirrus. But we agree that’s why the company name has been charged to FlightData.com as it better represents the nature of the site. 

As to privacy, all of your data is private, we only share sample flights with the approval of the data owner. You will have a ubique log in and you will control your data. 

Finally in regard to compatibility, we can configure the site to any type of data file that your package spits out. In fact we already support a number of engine monitors. What do you have in your aircraft? Does it support data download?

I will say that our primary objective at this point to to gain access to Mooney G1000 data files as operators of those aircraft have the most to gain given the full integration of data and the amount of data collected. 

Gavin we have a lot of MSers with engine monitors that collect data.  

It is a common problem solving technique around here to download data and provide the data for group discussions...

My hardware goes back to the mid 90s...

JPI 700, KLN90B, FT101, not integrated, yet...

As far as Mooneys with G1000 systems go... We have many here, in terms of raw numbers...

But, of the thousands of active MSers, they are a relatively small percentage of the total population.

Most MS members have or want to have an engine monitor, a GPS, and a FF gauge... if/when economics allow...

Best regards,

-a-

• 2 months later...

Do you support G500 TXi and/or G3X Touch logs? I'm guessing those will not take too long to outnumber all of the other systems, given the slow sales of new airplanes and the number of older airplanes likely to be upgraded in the coming years.

For that matter, the Garmin G5 may be tiny, but it spits out a pretty impressive log as well. Is that supported?