I'm new

Belobog

Greetings all,

I'm new here. I'm not a pilot or Mooney owner. I'm here because I was recently at the Deland airport, in the city which I live, and I saw a Mooney take off. It inspired me and I have been looking at Mooneys and learning about them since. I plan on getting a license to fly within the next year.

I'm starting a new job soon and the owner said that I can fly to meet clients and expense it to the organization. That should allow me to purchase an aircraft within the next year or two.

Welcome aboard Belobog...

I’m new too. (Sort of... :))

I have used my Mooney for actual business...

I started flying because I saw I could use it as a tool to see more customers from NJ to Chicago to the Carolinas...

I started taking flying lessons because my job was in Dallas and my house was in NJ.... I found out rather quickly how expensive it is to fly 1kmi twice each week... (not very practical, even by commercial jet)

Later...

I flew to see suppliers.

I flew to see machinery.

I flew to visit production plants.

I flew to see customers.

One customer I got to know so well... just became a great friend after a while...

I flew international co-workers up the Hudson River, past NYC... they took great pics while I did the flying...

It really helps to build a team at work. when everyone gets to know each other, things begin to click... sharing a flight past Manhattan helps build the bonds of a great work team!  (At least when you are working with a team of international engineers it does...)

There is so much you can learn... get started ASAP... do some planning... try to figure out where this can go...

my brief experience took only two decades so far... so much to learn and re-learn still...

you may find that covering aviation costs is similar to covering driving your car costs... the IRS writes the expense rules... you just need your company to allow it... some companies are pretty open to it... Some are afraid to somehow lose important employees... it’s nice to be loved by your company, but not this much...

How far do you want to go?  A Mooney will get you there faster, more efficiently...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

We have a Florida Mooney pilots group here on MS... they have a Monthly fly-in that might interest you. They can probably help you with your research... find a good training program or CFI...?

For some warm fuzzies, how familiar are you with your local airport...?  http://www.airnav.com/airport/KDED/DELAND_AV

• Like 1

Belobog, I had job like that.

I bought a Mooney in 1977 to do just what you're thinking about. I owned the plane 11 years averaging 250 hours per year, most for business. It sure worked for me and I wish you well.

Lots to learn but you'll get it in manageable bites.

7 hours ago, Oldguy said:

The only thing better than having a job like that is NOT having a job at all and still being able to fly when and where  you want.

Kinda like @Bob_Belville, who I seriously envy....

And my own runway on Island on the Caribbean ,Secluded cabin on Alaskan Lake,Turbo beaver on amphibs,TBM ....that's not to much is it Santa?.....oops wrong website......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Belobog...

I’m new too. (Sort of... :))

I have used my Mooney for actual business...

I started flying because I saw I could use it as a tool to see more customers from NJ to Chicago to the Carolinas...

I started taking flying lessons because my job was in Dallas and my house was in NJ.... I found out rather quickly how expensive it is to fly 1kmi twice each week... (not very practical, even by commercial jet)

Later...

I flew to see suppliers.

I flew to see machinery.

I flew to visit production plants.

I flew to see customers.

One customer I got to know so well... just became a great friend after a while...

I flew international co-workers up the Hudson River, past NYC... they took great pics while I did the flying...

It really helps to build a team at work. when everyone gets to know each other, things begin to click... sharing a flight past Manhattan helps build the bonds of a great work team!  (At least when you are working with a team of international engineers it does...)

There is so much you can learn... get started ASAP... do some planning... try to figure out where this can go...

my brief experience took only two decades so far... so much to learn and re-learn still...

you may find that covering aviation costs is similar to covering driving your car costs... the IRS writes the expense rules... you just need your company to allow it... some companies are pretty open to it... Some are afraid to somehow lose important employees... it’s nice to be loved by your company, but not this much...

How far do you want to go?  A Mooney will get you there faster, more efficiently...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

We have a Florida Mooney pilots group here on MS... they have a Monthly fly-in that might interest you. They can probably help you with your research... find a good training program or CFI...?

For some warm fuzzies, how familiar are you with your local airport...?  http://www.airnav.com/airport/KDED/DELAND_AV

I'm familiar enough with it to remember the time a pilot crashed into the grocery store next to the airport.

• Sad 1