Bruce cover pirep

I’m hangared in an open T. Last year I bought an extended cabin cover from Bruce and was pretty happy with it. It’s shown no signs of wear over the first year, as should be expected for their price point. This year I invested in an insulated engine and propeller cover. They gave me free shipping along with their winter 10% off promotion. The insulated covers are very well made and work great.

With the Tanis heater on yesterday I checked temps with an infrared laser thermometer. The outside wing was 40 degrees, the outside of the engine cover was 55 degrees, the cowling under the cover was 73 degrees and the oil filter in the engine bay was 99 degrees. Not very scientific but it’s bundling up my plane pretty well. Maybe next year I’ll buy the wing covers.

9dd6f486b0a0e7a99f3dba00d1edaf4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2