Mooney Mite video

carusoam

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, RLCarter said:

I hate flying solo, but that gear wig-wag is way cool. 

After flying 1 soul on board for 300 out of 400hrs flight time in my father's 1966 M20 (when I was a kid), I now fly the single place M18 with no regrets. The reduced annual flying costs permit me to rent any twin most anytime I want and still come out money ahead. By the way, I have 2 spare M18 wig-wags if you want to install one (plus one for co-pilot) in your M20. My upgraded M-18 uses a gear indicator light (just like your M20).

The wig-wag was introduced after Al Mooney did a gear up landing in an M18. Some older small aircraft engines lacked electrical systems, so the adapted automotive windshield wiper operates off of crankcase pressure. When you reduce power, it "wags" quicker just like the old automobile vacuum windshield wipers.

• Like 3

Kevin,

The Best way to share a video around MS...

Drop it into YouTube, then share the link...

Not sure if this is a Steve Jobs video restriction from way back or not, but YouTube has figured out a nice way to share videos across all machines...

Best regards,

-a-

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...