Anyone willing to go check out a plane in the Houston area?

lienz

Thank you. The plane was posted previously on here and got some good feedback. I’m novice when it comes to Mooneys, so if it checks out with someone who “knows” Mooneys well, then I’d likely make the trip down there myself and make the final call. 

Hey Lienz, I wanted to reach out to you.  About 3 months or maybe a little longer, we had this plane in pre-buy with Don Maxwell.  Don did the pre-buy and the last thing he did was check the wing spar.  It had heavy corrosion, to the point he couldn't believe it was being flown.  I am unsure if the owner corrected it but shared that information with him.  If you get it into pre-buy, make sure they check the spar to see if that has been corrected or replaced.  Just an FYI, if you want further information or even a copy of our pre-buy on the plane from Don, let me know by emailing me on here.  I will be happy to share that with you.  The person in Alaska is a great guy, and hopefully he got the issue corrected.  

Sorry lienz, but it was at the connection point on it.  Good luck on your hunt.  I hope you find what you are looking for.  We found one close to you, it was with Dave at Airmods!  He and Brian are great people. Brian did our prebuy @orionflt and I am sure they can help you find a good one!  Sorry but it is a nice plane but I run from corrosion at all possible, especially where the wing connects to the airframe

1 hour ago, lienz said:

Thank you for that info, and sorry to hear that. In that case, I’m going to pass. I appreciate all of your responses/offers to help.  

Good choice taking a pass on it.

Did you see the E model in the classified section?  Nice looking plane but a PPI will tell the whole story.

Clarence